Tax

Cookie monster

I have no idea how all this works. I earn about £10,000 per year. This is from 2 jobs (£8,000 from one and £2,000 from the other) so how much will I get taxed roughly. Someone said it would be 25% but that seems a bit steep. Anyone got any ideas?

Cookie monster said:
I have no idea how all this works. I earn about £10,000 per year. This is from 2 jobs (£8,000 from one and £2,000 from the other) so how much will I get taxed roughly. Someone said it would be 25% but that seems a bit steep. Anyone got any ideas?
depends on your tax code,assuming you have the basic 647L you would earn £6470 before paying any tax,therefore you would pay 20% tax on the remaining £1500 for the main job+20% on all from the other job.But you must ensure the 647L is given to your main employer,the other job should be code br.if not consult your tax office asap.hope that has been some help.there will be national insurance to pay but not too much

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.