Techie help

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Got a newish Samsung what have you. It takes photos as the old one did but everytime I go to download to laptop it downloads it but wont let me use it for anything else or to something via the phone it tells me it is too big. I cant for the life of me work out how to make it ' smaller '....any ideas.

Probably saving it as some weird format. on a downloaded picture try rename function on windows, change file name to whateveryouwant.jpg then open it as usual

Got a newish Samsung what have you. It takes photos as the old one did but everytime I go to download to laptop it downloads it but wont let me use it for anything else or to something via the phone it tells me it is too big. I cant for the life of me work out how to make it ' smaller '....any ideas.

It may be the format as others have said, this video shows you how to change it…

Assume you have a Google account ? Just let your phone upload them to google photos and then download them from there it free for 15GB.

It may be the format as others have said, this video shows you how to change it…

Assume you have a Google account ? Just let your phone upload them to google photos and then download them from there it free for 15GB.

Cheers....I've gone through all of that and it is as it says in the video clip...I can download photos to an auction platform etc and email for eg but not to Bluemoon....

Cheers....I've gone through all of that and it is as it says in the video clip...I can download photos to an auction platform etc and email for eg but not to Bluemoon....
Might be size limits on BM. I’ve just tried to do a 5.7MB photo straight from my phone and it’s too big but a 2.4MB works.
You will have to resize the photo. Don’t have a Samsung myself but this video seems to explain how to do it.

Last edited:
Might be size limits on BM. I’ve just tried to do a 5.7MB photo straight from my phone and it’s too big but a 2.4MB works.
You will have to resize the photo. Don’t have a Samsung myself but this video seems to explain how to do it.

Thanks for that, all done but will need to practice a bit.

If using the laptop (and it's Windows you use) you can use Paint. Just use the 'resize' option on the home' tab. Use 'Save As...' on the file tab if you want to keep the original large image.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.