teenage scum attack cyclist in town

stonie

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/cyclists-jaw-broken-manchester-rush-hour-4032244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ur-4032244</a>

Another attack in broad daylight, obviously no where near the severity if what happened in Woolwich but still not good...

A cyclist? Had it coming. They're all tax dodging, red light jumping tossers.

It is thought that the comments made by the perpetrator is "Did you enjoy the coca cola I gave you last week".

What is good is that members of the public stood up to be counted and helped him and some even gave chase and caught one of the perpetrators. Fantastic public spirit which should be rewarded. Even though it was a cyclist.

Out of pure curiousity, I clicked on the link. Seemed like a normal news article about a fairly alarming incident, right until I read: 'the teenagers, who were all Asian'. Was it really deemed necessary to include these words? Talk about pouring petrol on to a fire. I've just sent an e-mail to the news editor, asking that the racial description be removed from the article. I won't be holding my breath.

Why is it racial? It seems a normal way of identifying suspects to me to highlight their ethnicity.

manchester blue said:
A cyclist? Had it coming. They're all tax dodging, red light jumping tossers.

It is thought that the comments made by the perpetrator is "Did you enjoy the coca cola I gave you last week".

What is good is that members of the public stood up to be counted and helped him and some even gave chase and caught one of the perpetrators. Fantastic public spirit which should be rewarded. Even though it was a cyclist.

"Police are also hunting a ginger shitbag who was seen speeding away from the incident, toward Sale, in a Kleeneze van."

another generation said:
Out of pure curiousity, I clicked on the link. Seemed like a normal news article about a fairly alarming incident, right until I read: 'the teenagers, who were all Asian'. Was it really deemed necessary to include these words? Talk about pouring petrol on to a fire. I've just sent an e-mail to the news editor, asking that the racial description be removed from the article. I won't be holding my breath.

Really? They give descriptions in most news articles, just because this one happened to be four Asians doesn't mean they should leave it out. How many times have you read the offenders were described as white, 6 foot 2, ginger hair etc, did you write in then as well?

Madness, what would you propose they do in future in say a rape case? Just say the attacker was a man, for fear of offending any particular race or causing ill feeling. World's going mad.

manchester blue said:
Why is it racial? It seems a normal way of identifying suspects to me to highlight their ethnicity.
If anyone has witnessed the event, they do not need to be informed by the Manchester Evening News as to what they have witnessed. As for the term, 'Asian,' what exactly does it describe? Did the teenagers produce passport evidence that they originate from one or another country within the Asian continent? Asia is a pretty big area, almost a third of the planet's land mass. So, which particular part of Asia does the journalist mean? Turkey? Burma? Bangladesh? China? The Maldives?

Nope, the description 'Asian' doesn't help me one bit.

[quotperhapsonho"]
Seems to me like 4 kids being twats against a cyclist. Who knows what the cyclist said to them?

It's 4 asian kids though so it just has to be linked to Wollwich/racism![/quote]

Yeah perhaps the cyclist was really nasty to them so guess he deserved a metal plate permanently inserted in his face, that will teach him ay..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.