Tevez

dzeko01 said:
Tevez is off to Dubai in the summer according to argentina newspapers.

Very interesting if true, and not a bad place to wind down your career and get a very good wage.

FantasyIreland said:
I love Tevez but he is looking increasingly ineffective,his natural replacement is Suarez.

Him,Cavani,Aguero and Guidetti would be a mindblowing cocktail of ability,power and hunger.

We said this when we signed Dzeko. Tevez,Dzeko,Aguero and Balotelli look how that planned out. Neither striker can get any confidence behind them due to being benched the game later. Suarez,Cavani & Aguero will want to play every week and its not gunna happen.

dzeko01 said:

Link? Can't find anything... could be a way to get his huge wages off our books as no one else is going to pay them.

dzeko01 said:

Hopefully Mansour can let someone buy him for 300m Pound so he can invest big again this summer. :)

citytill1die84 said:
FantasyIreland said:
I love Tevez but he is looking increasingly ineffective,his natural replacement is Suarez.

Him,Cavani,Aguero and Guidetti would be a mindblowing cocktail of ability,power and hunger.

We said this when we signed Dzeko. Tevez,Dzeko,Aguero and Balotelli look how that planned out. Neither striker can get any confidence behind them due to being benched the game later. Suarez,Cavani & Aguero will want to play every week and its not gunna happen.

A switch to 4-3-3 solves this problem. Anyone have any opinions of how good Silva/Nasri would be in Xavi/Iniesta type roles though? I reckon Modric would be a class signing this summer if we want to play that way next year.

nomorethaksintimes said:
citytill1die84 said:
FantasyIreland said:

A switch to 4-3-3 solves this problem. Anyone have any opinions of how good Silva/Nasri would be in Xavi/Iniesta type roles though? I reckon Modric would be a class signing this summer if we want to play that way next year.

In a 4-3-3 I've always been convinced Nasri would do very well in a Xavi-like role. Not quite at the same level obviously, but he has all the attributes needed. Yaya could also do it.

Iniesta plays as a left sided attacking midfielder/winger for Barcelona, and I'm sure Silva could do a very good job at it. Though again he's not at the same level as his buddy Andrés.

Barca plays with Xavi and Fabregas in front of Busquets. We could mimic that with Nasri and Yaya in front of our DM.
The thing is though, that we have no one even close to being capable of playing the Busquets role. He is very important in the Barca midfield, and according to many of their fans just as important as Xavi.

Our version of Barcelona's 4-3-3 could look like

---------------------------- Hart --------------------------------
------------- Kompany ---------------- Nastasic -------------
Zabaleta ----------------------------------------------- Clichy
---------------------------- ????? -------------------------------
--------------- Yaya -------------------- Nasri ------------------
-- ???? ------------------------------------------------- Silva ---
---------------------------- Aguero ------------------------------

Milner, Sinclair and Silva can play on the wing, but it's a position we clearly need to strengthen. Pedro from Barcelona would be perfect as his comfortable on both wings, have loads of pace and is a good finisher with both feet. Other younger options might be Isco or Deulofeu.

And we need a DM of the highest possible quality. They don't exactly grow on trees though. Benat maybe? Is he good enough?

Tevez has been in great form this season,maybe lacked 3 or 4 goals but with his overall play and work rate is great.I think Sergio gets picked infront of tevez because of his goals last season and Dzeko because he offers a different threat. Tevez has more assists than any other striker.

mammutly said:
Sky Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:

Agree, ready made replacement. Thing is the Scousers wanted and got £50m for Torres, how much would they want for this lad?

Cannot see them parting with Suarez. They don't need the money and have CL ambitions.

I wouldn't be so sure about them not needing money. This would depend on how much they settled for out of court with Hicks and Gillette last month.

uwe282828 said:
Tevez has been in great form this season,maybe lacked 3 or 4 goals but with his overall play and work rate is great.I think Sergio gets picked infront of tevez because of his goals last season and Dzeko because he offers a different threat. Tevez has more assists than any other striker.

I think Aguero gets picked over him because he wants to be here. Tevez is just honouring his contract because he doesn't have a choice but to, well he does but that choice would cost him a lot of money and Kia wouldn't be happy about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.