Thank You City Fans

The goal looked fair enough. It hit Dalot on his sleeve, which is not handball.

Great feel-good factor thread though, to add to an already fantastic weekend.
I watched Motd. The last camera angle they showed was of him moving his arm and steering the ball towards goal.
Definitely handball.

@Mr.Teapot City fans moan on a regular basis about being shafted by VAR.
What are your thoughts on the decisions in your match yesterday ?
How was that blatant shove not given as a penalty
How was their goal not given as handball to name 2.
As the incident was close to us (the away end) I thought it was a penalty but didn’t realise at the time how blatant it was. Their goal,(well we scored it to help them!) was at the other end so couldn’t really see it clearly. For me it was just a mad scramble ending in an og. United, in my opinion, look a very disjointed team. It will take more than a couple of years to bring them back to challenging for a top four place.

Just a few words of appreciation for your travelling army. My grandson and I had just been to Old Trafford to watch our boys beat your nearest and dearest! We caught the 17.55 train out of Piccadilly which arrived at Euston at 20.10. as we got on to the platform (outnumbered of course by loads of United fans!) a few celebratory chants of “Seagulls” started up. Coming towards us from the opposite direction were hundreds of your lads returning from West Ham. A mutual love-in to place as with much fist bumping and high fives took place in celebration - you lot chanting “Seagulls” and us “City”.

Anyway, a lovely end to a wonderful day out, my grandson loved it and so did I. Big loads of thanks for a wonderful gesture.
Was at Euston at the time the buzz that went round as the first few appeared was funny. Blues were lining up to take the piss the highlight being 'f... off back to London the city is ours. Talked to a couple of Brighton fans queueing up at one of the food stalls and they said how it was comfortable and should have been more.

Just a few words of appreciation for your travelling army. My grandson and I had just been to Old Trafford to watch our boys beat your nearest and dearest! We caught the 17.55 train out of Piccadilly which arrived at Euston at 20.10. as we got on to the platform (outnumbered of course by loads of United fans!) a few celebratory chants of “Seagulls” started up. Coming towards us from the opposite direction were hundreds of your lads returning from West Ham. A mutual love-in to place as with much fist bumping and high fives took place in celebration - you lot chanting “Seagulls” and us “City”.

Anyway, a lovely end to a wonderful day out, my grandson loved it and so did I. Big loads of thanks for a wonderful gesture.

great story, sounded like fun !
I hope your grandson will remember this trip for years to come, just like i remember trips to watch city away from home late 70s
good to have a bond with some fans, hope you travel to the etihad when we play, i dare say you will notice the difference in standards between the self named best stadium in the world "swamp" and our place.

great story, sounded like fun !
I hope your grandson will remember this trip for years to come, just like i remember trips to watch city away from home late 70s
good to have a bond with some fans, hope you travel to the etihad when we play, i dare say you will notice the difference in standards between the self named best stadium in the world "swamp" and our place.
I’ve already been. Went in 2018 for a midweek fixture (Tuesday/Wednesday night) at the end of the season. You’d just won the title - what is it with you mob, Brighton always play you just after you win a trophy! We lost 3-1 and it was Yaya Toure’s final game. Lovely ground and a great view from the middle tier of the away end. I did find the away concourse and bar a bit dark, not like the Amex - that’s one we’ve got over you! I stayed overnight in a budget hotel not far from the Etihad for about £30. I never knew a room could be furnished with so much moulded plastic.

Anyway, I found the City fans very helpful and friendly - first time in that neck of the woods so advice was well appreciated. I hope to come up with my grandson for our away fixture and hopefully (ha!ha!) we’ll get the same result as when we played your mates down the road!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.