Thank You City Fans

I was asked to write my name on a blank badge at a work meeting many years ago. I wrote "ask me my name".

Nobody asked my name.

I was a keynote speaker at the meeting.

My face was my name badge.
I have been to so many events with badges, the only good thing about them is I have a terrible memory for names, so someone having their name on helps. Then another issue arises, my short sighted blind as fuck condition, which means that I have to get close to read it without actually looking like I’m reading it. People remember my name, not many called Magic, but I can mix people up and forget them. I hate it most when I’m talking to someone whose face I remember but name is a mystery, then someone I do know arrives and I am left not knowing how to introduce them. At this point I usually pretend I’m
French and walk away.

I’ve already been. Went in 2018 for a midweek fixture (Tuesday/Wednesday night) at the end of the season. You’d just won the title - what is it with you mob, Brighton always play you just after you win a trophy! We lost 3-1 and it was Yaya Toure’s final game. Lovely ground and a great view from the middle tier of the away end. I did find the away concourse and bar a bit dark, not like the Amex - that’s one we’ve got over you! I stayed overnight in a budget hotel not far from the Etihad for about £30. I never knew a room could be furnished with so much moulded plastic.

Anyway, I found the City fans very helpful and friendly - first time in that neck of the woods so advice was well appreciated. I hope to come up with my grandson for our away fixture and hopefully (ha!ha!) we’ll get the same result as when we played your mates down the road!

The middle tier concourse is a bit tight, lower tier and upper a bit more space, glad to hear you had a good day out. You guys deserve a "cheers" next time you come up, battering the rags as you have in last two games. You have been the reason we have sung "never felt more like singing the blues, city win united lose" !

Brighton play some good football, i like the tactics, you must see some very good games down there. Not visited your place yet, i do go to away games quite often just never been to brighton but no doubt will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.