Thank You, Ilkay Gundogan

Good luck Gundo.
Have a read of this. Sums him up to a T. What a guy.
That is simply incredible, what a player but what a wonderful, intelligent person over and above that. I have never read such an emotional, insightful farewell from any player at any club.

Would love to see Ilkay back in some capacity any time in the future.

All the best Captain, thanks for everything.

I will miss Gundogan.

I'm not sure why he came across as overly cautious and sloppy for a period a few years back. I don't think it was just a case of fans not seeing his quality. I think something changed within himself. Whatever clicked into place he was magical afterwards and one of our most consistent and important players - even being our biggest goal threat for a period of time one season. He won us the league last year and the fa cup this year. His goals at the most high pressure moments are so so hard to replace.

I don't think we had much chance of keeping him based on his words today. Hopefully Txiki and Pep have a plan because making us stronger without Gundogan involved is a difficult challenge.

Must surely be one of the nicest, most humble, and intelligent players in football. A beautiful goodbye letter and you can't begrudge him a move that he seemingly has always wanted at some point in his career. But Barcelona certainly don't deserve him.

It's very sad to see him go and he clearly still has lots to offer but standing still invariably means going backwards, how much would he have left in the tank to go again at City after winning it all? It's probably the right time for him to go, as much as it hurts to lose such a well-loved and important player. Irreplaceable, but the team will adapt and continue from strength to strength, because that's how the club is run.

All the best, Ilkay.

Legend and Gentleman, wish him and his family all the very best in their new life in Catalonia. We will meet again, at Wembley in the Champions League Final 2024. always a blue.

Ilkay , what a pleasure it was to watch you play for this Great club . I wish you the best of luck in whatever you go on to do in the sport . And I’m sure that those wishes come from all City fans around the world.

Thank you for everything Ilkay Gundogan. Thanks for so many happy memories and what a great player, leader and ambassador he has been for Manchester City. Much more than that he is total gentleman and a man who helped out local businesses in the pandemic. We will always love and respect him. Once a Blue always a Blue indeed. Very best wishes to him and his family.

Good luck Gundo.
Have a read of this. Sums him up to a T. What a guy.

I enjoyed reading that. Much better than the usual 'goodbye' statements you get on club websites.

I like players who have been great for the club but it always means that bit more when they are seemingly great people too. This hurts. I'll miss him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.