Thanks Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the tweets I decided to start watching the Newcastle match from May 2012. One of my favorites!

He literally dragged us to that title in 2014, how he wasn't player of the year is beyond me

Apart from all the obvious moments which many others have discussed, which arguably defined who we are now (FA cup semi, FA cup final, Newcastle game, numerous big games in 13-14), one of my favourite Yaya memories was last season when he played at Palace.

A lot of people, myself included thought he was done at City (hadn't been close to a team sheet all year), and then all of a sudden he starts and scores twice including an 82nd minute winner. I can remember being equal parts shocked and excited when I saw his name in the starting lineup.

Incredible player.

Wonder where he will go next, can't see him going to the coaching team as Pep probably doesn't want anything to do with his agent. China or one of the Arab countries?

A lot of pundits thought we were mad buying a 'DM' with his price tag and wages, think the first time we saw the Yaya we love, and the pundits realised he was so much more than a DM, was against Fulham away when we ripped them apart 4-0 IIRC.

As others have said, a legend for me despite the off-field antics, and looking forward to giving him the send off he deserves next Wednesday.

For 3 seasons he was quite literally untouchable. Opposition players didn't know how to handle is power, pace, strength, finishing and range of passing. A central figure in this period of success. Time caught up pretty quick with him in the end, but I reckon he's got 2 years in a slower paced league somewhere. Thank you Yaya, not just a legend but an icon of these times

Yaya is without doubt one of THE Manchester City greats.

When he was in his pomp, he was phenomenal, a force of nature.

Its shocking how cruel age can be, especially when watching top level sportsman, and Yaya dipped away very fast.

I wish him all the very best in the future, he'll always get a welcome at the COMS from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.