The 11am press conference thread

Sylvinho seems like a real character 'good times'
Lecott seemed a bit nervous and clearly is happy to be here and get on with it.
MH's was given ample opportunity to show the club is commited to keeping Dunne, but didn't. Dunny's a gonner IMO.
Looks like we have more to come too, which I'm suprised at. If the importance of the signing is as big as sparky's grin then we're in for a treat.

smiles said:
MH's was given ample opportunity to show the club is commited to keeping Dunne, but didn't. Dunny's a gonner IMO.
Looks like we have more to come too, which I'm suprised at. If the importance of the signing is as big as sparky's grin then we're in for a treat.

Why are you surprised with this? Surely you are not happy with no real offensive firepower in central midfield other than Barry and Ireland?

Somud said:
smiles said:

Why are you surprised with this? Surely you are not happy with no real offensive firepower in central midfield other than Barry and Ireland?

Well considering we only play 4 midfielders max and have SWP, Weiss, Petrov and Robinho to throw in there I don't really think it's such a problem. We're going to find it difficult to find a top-class box to box midfielder who will be happy to only play a few times a season when Ireland and Barry are out injured.

Pride_In_Battle said:
Somud said:

Well considering we only play 4 midfielders max and have SWP, Weiss, Petrov and Robinho to throw in there I don't really think it's such a problem. We're going to find it difficult to find a top-class box to box midfielder who will be happy to only play a few times a season when Ireland and Barry are out injured.
They're all wide men though. The general consensus is that we lack depth in terms of attack-minded, central midfielders, since Elano left. I see Johnson (when he's fit again) as being Barry's understudy. We need someone to really push Ireland. In recent times, we've had to play SWP in the centre and he's poor there in my opinion. If we need extra creativity in the centre of midfield to change a game, currently we only have De Jong and a load of wide players to come on, whereas in the past we had Elano. I think we definately need one more midfielder to complete the jigsaw puzzle.

Tricky_Trev said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
They're all wide men though. The general consensus is that we lack depth in terms of attack-minded, central midfielders, since Elano left. I see Johnson (when he's fit again) as being Barry's understudy. We need someone to really push Ireland. In recent times, we've had to play SWP in the centre and he's poor there in my opinion. If we need extra creativity in the centre of midfield to change a game, currently we only have De Jong and a load of wide players to come on, whereas in the past we had Elano. I think we definately need one more midfielder to complete the jigsaw puzzle.

Gerrard???????

Photos taken after the conference for ya:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/2009/08/in_photos_joleo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/2009/08/ ... joleo.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.