The 2011/12 Season

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by gordondaviesmoustache, 11 Nov 2017.

1. franksinatra

franksinatra

Ashley Young got a few dodgy decisions undoutedly but so did we. Lets not turn into an agenda thread and make out we managed some high level conspiracy.

2. aguerrrroooooooooooo

aguerrrroooooooooooo

Gutted about your old man mate, at least he got to see the fa cup :)

3. aguerrrroooooooooooo

aguerrrroooooooooooo

The only thing that will ever possibly top it is a champions league win against united in the final I think

4. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

shark fisherman
    I'll record whatever observations about that season that I like thankyou

5. lancs blue

lancs blue

A nice dream but let's face it, what are the chances of them reaching the final?? ;-)

6. CrownPointBlue

CrownPointBlue

Seriously, I don't think I've been the same since.

The whole scenario & range of emotions in the context of the times has definatly,somehow,changed me.

Thank you Sergio.

7. aguerrrroooooooooooo

aguerrrroooooooooooo

Good point, maybe one for the long term

8. malg

malg

Nope. Don't want to see that lot getting anywhere near a CL final, not even if we beat them 10-0.

9. aguerrrroooooooooooo

aguerrrroooooooooooo

It'd be worth it, they'd never live it down

10. Blue_eyes

Blue_eyes

Where to start, the introduction of Sergio in the very first game, the optimism after the 5-1 at spurs, the 6-1 at scum and their fans saying youve played no one yet (lol).
    West brom wasting time so bad in the 0-0 followed by the offside 1-0 defeat to sunderland in stoppage time. The stress of that 3-2 home win against spurs with mario in trouble, defoe missing a sitter and finaly that last minute penalty, thank god we had mario to take it.That defeat at arsenal and rags taunting us with that no togetherness rant and Mancini reflecting the pressure by admitting they have everything and we have nothing.A rag colleague gloating about how no ones beaten fergie at mind games yet. That fantastic run in and finally realizing we could do it after the 2-0 at newcastle. All this and losing the carling cup semi after that unfair richards handball, that third round fa cup game to scum 3-0 down and Vinnie sent off and still rallying to almost draw, exiting champs league with 10 points, trouble with Tevez. Then finally that game, that in itself encapsulated the whole season in 93.20 minutes, hope, stress, controversy and lastly unbelievable elation, this is how I remember it. Can any scum fan have ever felt the same, I very much doubt it.