The 5 Greatest ever players to play under Pep?

It depends whether the question is about the players who performed best for him, or the best players that he managed at some point in their career.

He had players like Henry, Eto, Toure, Ribery, Robben etc who were all brilliant players but didn't have their BEST moments under Pep.

I think Pep's top 5 (players who performed for him in his system) has to be:

1 - Messi
2 - Iniesta
3 - KDB
4 - Gundogan
5 - Xavi

I think the best 5 players he's managed are:

1 - Messi
2 - Iniesta
3 - KDB
4 - Aguero
5 - (I'd love to squeeze Ronaldinho in this list - but Pep 'managed him' for about 3 minutes so) Henry

Having just watched the BBC documentary on Pep, who would you say are the 5 greatest ever players he has managed?

I think it goes without saying that Messi is number 1, but who would make up the other 4?

for me it's:

1. Messi
2. KDB
3. Iniesta
4. Silva
5.Busquetes

*(special mentions to Aguero, Rhodri, Puyol, Kompany, Xavi & Gundo)

Undoubtably the best player is Messi.
However beyond that is arguable. Both Xavi and Iniesta (both brilliant) played alongside the GOAT, and therefore benefitted from his brilliance.
I think Silva was better than both. Compare Silva's record for Spain vs the both of them - so much better.

My top 5 would be...
Messi
KDB
Silva
Iniesta
Rodri - his all round game is better than Busquets

I would probably agree with that. Fabulous footballers, the lot of them. Not much between Busquetes and Rodri though. Trying to think if theres any Bayern players that would be candidates.
Some decent players at Bayern,
Neuer
Lahm
Muller
Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Alonso
Lewandowski

Messi,kdb,iniesta,ribery,neuer..after Messi its all debatable ,could change all 4 and still have pretty much the same quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.