The 9pm train

3 of us booked on with unreserved seats,
its gona be busy this train,
Think there gona be some fun getting on,
but what the hell its an adventure whatever happens happens
Will take the credit card just in case,
Was going to book the megabus for a fiver for a back up which goes at 11.30
but noticed yesterday the price has gone up to £24,
we seem to be getting stuffed at every angle on this one,.

Supply and demand,as soon as people start enquiring and booking modes of transport up,so the price goes up too.

I am suprised some coach operators haven't jumped on the bandwaggon and started laying on extra coaches.It looks like i will be travelling from Kent as i am getting time off work and i have to go back,otherwise for me a coach would be a no brainer as although slower you are going to get back and can jump on right outside the ground.

2 of us on this train, also have a megabus for £5 as insurance so not too bothered if i miss it.

lazerblue said:
M18CTID said:
3 of us booked those Travelcard tickets but while we have reserved seats going down, it wouldn't let us reserve them coming back on the 9pm so I'm assuming all reserved seats on that train had been sold at that point.

Would they really sell more advance tickets - both reserved and unreserved - than the actual capacity of the train? I appreciate that there is going to be a mad scramble for this train but I wasn't anticipating a scenario where we get there in time but can't get on it due to it being full!
But I thought if u bought a day travel card it allows u to get on any train so everyone with one of those will be tryin to get on the 9pm cos it's not really possible to get an earlier one

Yeah, the conditions of the day travelcard are that reservations are only needed on the way down. Coming back I think the blurb states that reservations may be advisable but not compulsory so does that mean somebody in possession of a day travelcard would theoretically be able to argue that they've as much right to be on that train home as anyone else?

im a bit worried about this now got 4 booked on the 9pm back no reserve if it goes to et whats the chance of getting back in time which station is the best and quickest to get to euston from wembley anyone know is it possible to get a taxi from wembley to euston after the game has anybody done this,now thinking of selling my 4 tickets and driving again as in semi.

champ16ns2012 said:
im a bit worried about this now got 4 booked on the 9pm back no reserve if it goes to et whats the chance of getting back in time which station is the best and quickest to get to euston from wembley anyone know is it possible to get a taxi from wembley to euston after the game has anybody done this,now thinking of selling my 4 tickets and driving again as in semi.

Wembley to Euston is 9 or 10 miles. For a taxi to be feasible I guess you'd have to beat the main body of fans and traffic coming out of the ground and flag one down. Even then you'll have the normal traffic to contend with and we all know that London traffic is busy at pretty much any time. I reckon you'd be lucky to get to Euston within half an hour even if you're not mixed in with the Wembley traffic.

Anyone staying overnight in London after the Final? Wouldn't mind knowing where blues will go for after match knees up..................hopefully.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.