Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see the pen stats for and against over the last few seasons?

Wouldn't interest me particularly. We get loads more pens given for us than against us, for the simple reason that as a top quality team we spend far more time in the opposition's box than they do ours. This season has nonetheless been a bad one in terms of the number of absolute stonewallers not given to us - Ya Ya vs Stoke, Kun at Southampton, Silva vs Hull, Kun x 2 vs the rags, Zab at Burnley, Wilshere's handball at the Emirates, Murray's handball at Selhurst - to the times when the opposition have been robbed against us (I'm struggling to think beyond Leicester at our place). I do agree about the adverse free kick count though, or at least by and large. We invite yellow cards by the way we play. Aggressive front foot defending high up the pitch, accompanied by a fair number of cynical tug backs

Yes particularly if you think the world is out to get you. For any rational person they would just think he has forgotten a ref. I even discuss City players sometimes and have completely forgotten about them. Peter Beardsley for example.

Peter_Beardsley_bio_pic_1280-1018x755.jpg

Peter when the news was broken.

Of course "fuck em"...we should all have had that outlook from 1st September 2008 onwards.

I see we've taken on board two new sponsors this week...these companies not been reading the papers about evil Manchester City the big bad club? Do they not know about the agenda?
Maybe the Mirror will let those global corporations know about it!

Wouldn't interest me particularly. We get loads more pens given for us than against us, for the simple reason that as a top quality team we spend far more time in the opposition's box than they do ours. This season has nonetheless been a bad one in terms of the number of absolute stonewallers not given to us - Ya Ya vs Stoke, Kun at Southampton, Silva vs Hull, Kun x 2 vs the rags, Zab at Burnley, Wilshere's handball at the Emirates, Murray's handball at Selhurst - to the times when the opposition have been robbed against us (I'm struggling to think beyond Leicester at our place). I do agree about the adverse free kick count though, or at least by and large. We invite yellow cards by the way we play. Aggressive front foot defending high up the pitch, accompanied by a fair number of cynical tug backs

What might be more interesting is who awards the pens. For instance, in the first title winning season I think we conceded five penalties all season in all competitions - Lee Mason awarded three of them, and he only reffed us four times

I’ve posted this before but as the thread has moved on to referees I’ll repeat it now..

This season (2014/2015) City were awarded fewest free kicks in the Premier League and the final figure was lower than any team in the 5 main European leagues. What’s more it wasn’t even marginal and the average number of free kicks awarded per team was nearly 40% higher.

As for our main rivals:

Rags – 32% more free kicks

Arsenal – 40% more

Chelsea – 45% more

Liverpool – 56% more.

So I looked back to 2013/2014 and guess what – the same story. We were awarded fewest free kicks.

Is this something to do with how we play under Pellegrini? So I looked back to Mancini’s last season 2012/2013 and guess what – almost the same story and we were awarded the 2nd fewest free kicks.

I can’t think of any reason why this should be. Something stinks.
Well, what are we going to do about it then?

Who is contacting the club to find out why they're doing about it? Who is getting this written down properly to take to reliable journalists? Who is finding out who has good contacts with lawyers? Who is contacting the Police over this? Who is actually doing something about this?

This thread has always been a comedy point to me because all people do is moan in it and then do precisely fuck all about the things they're moaning about. If you all believed there was such an agenda against the club you love you'd be doing something about it surely? Or are you happy to just sit back and let it l happen?

Who is contacting the club to find out why they're doing about it? Who is getting this written down properly to take to reliable journalists? Who is finding out who has good contacts with lawyers? Who is contacting the Police over this? Who is actually doing something about this?

This thread has always been a comedy point to me because all people do is moan in it and then do precisely fuck all about the things they're moaning about. If you all believed there was such an agenda against the club you love you'd be doing something about it surely? Or are you happy to just sit back and let it l happen?

Go away

What might be more interesting is who awards the pens. For instance, in the first title winning season I think we conceded five penalties all season in all competitions - Lee Mason awarded three of them, and he only reffed us four times

I posted pens since the 2010/11 season on the previous page. From the info City had the most for and least against in comparison to our traditional rivals of pool, utd, chelsea, arsensal.

For and against we were plus 24 and Arsenal incredibly have conceded three more than received. So a 27 pen swing in our favour. Surprisingly no one has commented on it.

Moaning about people moaning in a thread created to allow people to moan.

No idea why people get so bothered by people pointing out injustices, bad referees, poor journalism etc.

I’ve posted this before but as the thread has moved on to referees I’ll repeat it now..

This season (2014/2015) City were awarded fewest free kicks in the Premier League and the final figure was lower than any team in the 5 main European leagues. What’s more it wasn’t even marginal and the average number of free kicks awarded per team was nearly 40% higher.

As for our main rivals:

Rags – 32% more free kicks

Arsenal – 40% more

Chelsea – 45% more

Liverpool – 56% more.

So I looked back to 2013/2014 and guess what – the same story. We were awarded fewest free kicks.

Is this something to do with how we play under Pellegrini? So I looked back to Mancini’s last season 2012/2013 and guess what – almost the same story and we were awarded the 2nd fewest free kicks.

I can’t think of any reason why this should be. Something stinks.
I think a lot of our players are either too honest, and stay on their feet for too long when being fouled. Refs very rarely give a foul nowadays without the player hitting the deck. SIlva and Aguero spring to mind as obvious examples of players who actually get fouled a lot, but their lack of theatrics result in a lack of free kicks. On the other side of the coin, of the players we do have that are willing to go down easily or dive, only Kolarov and Milner are actually any good at it. Yaya in particular is dreadful at trying to "win" free kicks.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to potentially having Sterling in the side is that he knows how to dive, he had some great teachers in Stevie Starfish and Suarez.

This thread has always been a comedy point to me because all people do is moan in it and then do precisely fuck all about the things they're moaning about.

We used to be not very good.
This gave us lots to moan about.
So we became good at moaning - moaning wove its way into our DNA.
Now we are very good.
So we don't have so much to moan about.
Who can provide an outlet for this deep-rooted, well-honed aspect of our fans' psyche?
The media. And their anti-City pro-Rag agenda.
Why should anyone do anything about it?
Doing something about it might make things change.
And if things changed, who would then provide an outlet for this deep-rooted, well-honed aspect of our fans' psyche?
So leave 'em be. And stop moaning. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.