Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't interest me particularly. We get loads more pens given for us than against us, for the simple reason that as a top quality team we spend far more time in the opposition's box than they do ours. This season has nonetheless been a bad one in terms of the number of absolute stonewallers not given to us - Ya Ya vs Stoke, Kun at Southampton, Silva vs Hull, Kun x 2 vs the rags, Zab at Burnley, Wilshere's handball at the Emirates, Murray's handball at Selhurst - to the times when the opposition have been robbed against us (I'm struggling to think beyond Leicester at our place). I do agree about the adverse free kick count though, or at least by and large. We invite yellow cards by the way we play. Aggressive front foot defending high up the pitch, accompanied by a fair number of cynical tug backs
I don't think Lampard's was a pen v Spurs nor Milner's v Everton.

I don't think Lampard's was a pen v Spurs nor Milner's v Everton.

I took my 8 year old grandson to his first City game against Stoke this season, the one appallingly refereed by Lee Mason in which he booked Yaya for diving when he was fouled for a clear penalty. After the game he said to me "Why didn't that referee like City?" That from an 8 year old who has no idea who Lee Mason is and doesn't even know the meaning of the word agenda.

I took my 8 year old grandson to his first City game against Stoke this season, the one appallingly refereed by Lee Mason in which he booked Yaya for diving when he was fouled for a clear penalty. After the game he said to me "Why didn't that referee like City?" That from an 8 year old who has no idea who Lee Mason is and doesn't even know the meaning of the word agenda.

I said the same thing as a kid and look how I turned out

I said the same thing as a kid and look how I turned out

I'm sure laserblue will ensure it'll turn out better for his grandson

The Daily United Pravda at it again.

Plea.

5LjqhcY.jpg

Headline

kAjCb0t.jpg

Taken from the Mirror article.(now in the Daily Fail)

IsMAJPD.jpg

D4KHpjT.jpg

I can't see the word plea in Seluk's comments.

So there you have it. According to the Daily Fail's headline, Sheikh Mansour pleaded with Yaya to stay at City.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I doubt very much Sheikh Mansour pleads or needs to plead where his business is concerned. Or in general life for that matter.

Just for information I have had a look at the pen stats since the 2010 season.

In comparison to our main rivals of Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool, Utd we have received more than any of those clubs and conceded less than any of those clubs (along with Chelsea).

Our pen record for and against is plus 24 in our favour, chelsea plus 22, pool plus 16, utd plus 15 and then incredibly Arsenal minus 3.

The Arsenal stat has completely thrown me. For them bases on there attacking style, possession and position season after season its quite incredible that they concede more prns than they receive.

The info was from football facts website. Feel free to check as I am not immune to making mistakes.

Looking at the penalty stats there isn't anything outlandish in terms of the number of penalties awarded to Arsenal although I've know idea about any dubious decisions either for or against them. The numbers:

2014/2015 - 1 team awarded more (us)
2013/2014 - 10 teams awarded more
2012/2013 - 6 teams awarded more
2011/2012 - 16 teams awarded more
2010/2011 - 3 teams awarded more

I accept that the number they have conceded is, on the face of it surprising, where they have consistenly been in the top 1/3rd for giving penalties away.

My point with the "free kicks awarded to City" is that the figures are so low IT IS outlandish. The figure for 2014/2015 could be considered an outlier in the sense that the figure lies far outside the other values in the set of data. When then you look at the cumulative data for the last 4 years (and using a far higher sample size in terms of number of fouls v number of penalties) we have had the lowest number of free kicks awarded not just relative to our main rivals but the WHOLE league.

Looking at the penalty stats there isn't anything outlandish in terms of the number of penalties awarded to Arsenal although I've know idea about any dubious decisions either for or against them. The numbers:

2014/2015 - 1 team awarded more (us)
2013/2014 - 10 teams awarded more
2012/2013 - 6 teams awarded more
2011/2012 - 16 teams awarded more
2010/2011 - 3 teams awarded more

I accept that the number they have conceded is, on the face of it surprising, where they have consistenly been in the top 1/3rd for giving penalties away.

My point with the "free kicks awarded to City" is that the figures are so low IT IS outlandish. The figure for 2014/2015 could be considered an outlier in the sense that the figure lies far outside the other values in the set of data. When then you look at the cumulative data for the last 4 years (and using a far higher sample size in terms of number of fouls v number of penalties) we have had the lowest number of free kicks awarded not just relative to our main rivals but the WHOLE league.

This would make sense if we had less possession than any other team but when teams like QPR who are close to the bottom of the possession stats get more free kicks than us it raises questions about why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.