The American date system

SouthStand211 said:
It is REALLY annoying! We get people calling our helpdesk saying the systems are wrong when in fact they have American date settings! Americans have a lot to answer for! lol

knuppel2.gif

grin.gif

johnmc said:
allblues09 said:
There are many countries that list the dates as: year/day/month or year/month/day.

It is just a different endianness that a country prefers. I think you may be a little to self-centric to believe that the USA does it in a particular way to be different from the British.

you must admit that is out of sequence to do it your way though.
It is very kind of you to suggest we invented this system, but I do not believe that we did.

I am not really bothered either way.

I will say that the FAA, airlines and some sections of the government are going to year.month.day.

But we also use the 12-hour time system, does this also bother you? :)

I will say this is the strangest conversation I have had on Bluemoon!

allblues09 said:
It is very kind of you to suggest we invented this system, but I do not believe that we did.

I will say that the FAA, airlines and some sections of the government are going to year.month.day.

Fair enough but on computer settings it is referred to as the american date.

It confuses me but i suppose if your used to it then the "UK" version will confuse you as well. 12 and 24 hour systems are both easy enough to decipher

johnmc said:
allblues09 said:

Fair enough but on computer settings it is referred to as the american date.

It confuses me but i suppose if your used to it then the "UK" version will confuse you as well. 12 and 24 hour systems are both easy enough to decipher
I did not know that. Maybe we did create it? I do not know for sure one way or the other.

My parents are British, so I am accustomed to both. It is just important to know what you are looking at when trying to decipher dates. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.