The are we allowed the "it's quiet" thread yet? thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone needs a chill pill.
We have the best manager in the world. He has endless funds. We have signed a top class player in gundogan.
We missed laporte. Big deal.
Lets look at what we chased pep actually for... He will not want to fail in England AND will attract some top players we haven't thought about.
Nothing major will happen till the end of the euros.

the signing of stones not sane excite me to be honest......sane has potential but thats about it and stones is overrated.

midfield and attack plus a left back is where we need to be looking at first

gudongan is a great start but we need another central midfielder and this has to be number one priority

aubamayang would be great - but will we get him/be prepared to pay the price needed

no idea who we could realistically get for left back but it needs to be also a priority

I think everyone needs a chill pill.
We have the best manager in the world. He has endless funds. We have signed a top class player in gundogan.
We missed laporte. Big deal.
Lets look at what we chased pep actually for... He will not want to fail in England AND will attract some top players we haven't thought about.
Nothing major will happen till the end of the euros.

This. The current squad, motivated and tactically clued up wins the league. Pep brings that.

This. The current squad, motivated and tactically clued up wins the league. Pep brings that.
Gundogan in and yaya out will sort out a lot of problems. Think we need a left back though and we can surely improve on nil goals navas.

A major part of our problem defensively last year was due to how Pellers had his midfield set up so while we do need a new centre half (to replace Mdm) Im hoping that Pep will be able to get a better balanced side and that with that will become more defensive solidity.

We do need a new left back (to at least push Clichy and to replace Kolorov who is an absolute joke). With Stones our centre back pairs should be fine but with a better balanced midfield and some actual defensive coaching (for the midfield) then we should be better anyway.

What we do need is another midfielder and more worrying to me (if they are even remotely true) are the stories of Yaya staying as that could possibly mean no more midfielders coming........id happily get rid of both Yaya (legend that he is but he is past it) and fernando.

Aubamayang is the big one for me and who could make a massive difference

Stones
Gudongan
Aubamayang
Top quality Left back
Another central midfielder
Back up keeper
Sane (not that bothered about him as even in his highlights real he looks average)

Sell/Let leave
Yaya
Kolorov
Caballero
Bony
fernando
Delph (just no way he is good enough for where we need to be)
navas (just not enough attacking threat to me

Agree 100%

That depends of the current set of players we have . Yes we have won the the league with last two managers but the same set of core players have downed tools for both managers too and they are all older now too

This is growing old. Organisation, System, Team selection.

Guadiola is the answer imo, if not we might as well shut the doors and take up knitting on match days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.