The black dog.

remember arthur mann said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
Was it not Winston Churchill who coined the term "black dog" for depression?

I know Churchill used it often, but apparently so did Dr Samuel Johnson many years before.

Dreadful Illness, but there is help out there.
Where ?

Well your own GP for a start.

Depression is an illness, just like any other.

The worst thing you can do is bottle things up, talk to someone, even if it's your mate in the pub.

remember arthur mann said:
I know Churchill used it often, but apparently so did Dr Samuel Johnson many years before.

Dreadful Illness, but there is help out there.
Where ?

Well your own GP for a start.

Depression is an illness, just like any other.

The worst thing you can do is bottle things up, talk to someone, even if it's your mate in the pub.

It really does depend on what you're 'depressed' about. If you see reality as it is, then I would say 'depression' is the side effect.. a byproduct.

If however you're skint, ugly, ill, cheated on.. etc.. those are really just psychology problems. Not that I'm saying you can't suffer, you suffer more in fact, but at least you can get help for those things. Those types of reasons alone, although real, are trivial in reality.

There should be nothing wrong with depression/misanthropy/self hatred. It creates a solid base for life and reason in fact. I believe.

1961_vintage said:
Nice film. Can't help but think that "reaching out and seeking help" would result in being prescribed anti-depressants, and then never being able to get off them.

If that is your fear then it's my understanding a GP would advise not to take medication and advise on alternatives, some of which were recommended in the video.

I'd rather be stuck on prescribed medication that a GP can deny me (if it became a problem) than be stuck on drink and drugs. Which, no one can deny me and does nothing to solve the chemical imbalances in the brain which prescribed medication can do/help achieve due to rigorous testing.

Prestwich_Blue said:
kas_tippler said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Not a thread about Naomi Campbell then.
racist and offensive.
If you think that, then feel free to report it.

On the other hand, if you're just being a dickhead because you can't answer my points on the Post Election thread then STFU.
I'm reporting you to er.........you!!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Not a thread about Naomi Campbell then.

ridiculous comment. Now Grace Jones would have been a better example.

On a serious note this is a good video. Mental illness is so hard to talk about for a lot of sufferers - I was brought up to disguise my emotions and to believe that men shouldn't cry. I'm not sure whether that was a Northern thing or not

It's a decent video. But we're very vain creatures and to our great shame talking about mental illness still isn't something we do very well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.