The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023 - Champion: @bennyboy // Winning Song: Simon & Garfunkel (The Boxer) P545

A simple thank you to @BlueHammer85 for the time and effort put in.
Immensely enjoyable and actually exciting at points with those last few votes and last minute winners.
Its also great that both S&G being lifelong Liverpool fans (both actually born in houses in the old Kemlyn Road but spirited away at birth) should win this.
Shows how magnanimous you lot are.

A simple thank you to @BlueHammer85 for the time and effort put in.
Immensely enjoyable and actually exciting at points with those last few votes and last minute winners.
Its also great that both S&G being lifelong Liverpool fans (both actually born in houses in the old Kemlyn Road but spirited away at birth) should win this.
Shows how magnanimous you lot are.
Making it all about Liverpool?
Not like you lot at all..
;-)

The most exciting, visceral song in the comp losing out to that twee twaddle is a minor scandal, and a poor reflection of the musical tastes on here, but at least GS reached the final I guess.

But cheers @BlueHammer85 for sorting this anyway, top man.
The most exciting, visceral song in the comp was Fugazi's "Waiting Room", and it lost in the first round.

Another vote of thanks from me @BlueHammer85, exceptional effort

I've loved following this thread over the last months. I've been introduced to some great tunes that I didn't know, and been reminded of some quality stuff that wasn't already on my playlist.

And I'm made up that The Boxer won. It had been added to a road trip playlist by andyhinch while we were compiling one for a driving holiday. It was a song which resonated with him. Quite apt that on the day that this song won, we scattered his ashes after another long road trip listening to that same playlist.

So thanks again x

Thanks all!

It's been emotional.

A few others that deserve some thanks - @Coatigan for suggesting changing the vote formula, much better way.
@Mad Eyed Screamer and @RobMCFC for stepping in when I was away.

I will return this again in May after the PL season.

Will likely keep the same formula, I've got a good way to do the categories but will lay all that out nearer the time.

View attachment 98339
Thanks BH , well done to you and those that assisted , I will be a starter next time around with a dark horse or two.

Another vote of thanks from me @BlueHammer85, exceptional effort

I've loved following this thread over the last months. I've been introduced to some great tunes that I didn't know, and been reminded of some quality stuff that wasn't already on my playlist.

And I'm made up that The Boxer won. It had been added to a road trip playlist by andyhinch while we were compiling one for a driving holiday. It was a song which resonated with him. Quite apt that on the day that this song won, we scattered his ashes after another long road trip listening to that same playlist.

So thanks again x
That speaks to the power of music and memories and I’m hopeful it was of comfort to those that knew him. I had many interactions on BM with him and he always made a Yank 5,500 miles away — but whose soul is in many ways in Manchester — feel a part of things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.