The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023 - Champion: @bennyboy // Winning Song: Simon & Garfunkel (The Boxer) P545

It's rare I don't really have an opinion but considering these are two supposedly iconic artists I really don't see the excitement. Meh v meh

I've never been a fan of New Order and this song is particularly dreadful. That Amy Winehouse song was great when she was alive and is even greater following her death because it takes on new meaning.

It's rare I don't really have an opinion but considering these are two supposedly iconic artists I really don't see the excitement. Meh v meh

NZ, if you want to get an idea why AW is viewed as iconic, have a listen to Frank, her first album and consider that it was (co)written by a then 19/20 year old. It's extraordinary.

NZ, if you want to get an idea why AW is viewed as iconic, have a listen to Frank, her first album and consider that it was (co)written by a then 19/20 year old. It's extraordinary.
I have heard it, not for some time I grant you, but found it didn't match the hype. Maybe I should try again with fresh ears

Another one with two songs I rate. I'll probably vote NO but won't begrudge AW going through as she was unlucky to come up against The Jam last time. The video for BTB is bloody depressing in hindsight though arguably not as sad as seeing her early appearances on the likes of Jools Holland and Jonathan Ross where she looks so healthy and unjaded; a great lost talent.

I know there's some people think Technique is NO's best album and depending on what genres twiddle your dials the most I get that, but it's not a view I subscribe to. Still probably getting my vote though i suspect it'll be a consolation one.
I rate VP above BLT for mood , sound , variety and musicianship to mention some of its superior characteristics.

Great selection and my favourite song selection to date.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.