The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023 - Champion: @bennyboy // Winning Song: Simon & Garfunkel (The Boxer) P545

Love the intro to Shine on..it just draws you in ever so slowly then let's go of you. Love the charlatans and love the only one I know, live it gets a new lease of life, their early stuff was great but the only one I know and Then are timeless and sound great today.

Charlatans it is.

A case of get in, get it done and get out....And the Charlatans do that here before the noodling of Pink Floyd has finished.
Charalatans takes me back to "Indy discos" of my youth in Chester and one of my best concerts of them at Boston Arms Tufnell Park.

Make no mistake -- I do like it (though its length and meandering is a drawback) but I just love Machine, Cigar and -- especially -- the title track so much. This is by far and away their most personal record (their only one really) because it's about the wasting away of their friend. I still find it moving. And the cover is my favo(u)rite of any record ever.
‘Poles Apart’ from the Division Bell is also a personal offering. And a very good song it is.

This match is the one I've had to think the most about before casting my vote.

"Classic" Floyd vs "Classic" Charlatans.

DSOTM is a genius album - Some Friendly is a unique album.

I've voted for The Charlatans as it's just a fantastic tune - in some ways I wish it wasn't so good and then radio stations would play other Charlatans tracks, but despite the amount of times it gets heard on the radio, it still does it for me

Classic and Charlatans in the same breath is pushing it to say the least!
Home town/area fans will win......any other area of the country would be a Floyd landslide. Not the biggest Floyd fan, but light years better. Down here, most people, even those who were into whatever the 'type/scene' the Charlatans were part of, saw them more of a small-time sideshow.

Make no mistake -- I do like it (though its length and meandering is a drawback) but I just love Machine, Cigar and -- especially -- the title track so much. This is by far and away their most personal record (their only one really) because it's about the wasting away of their friend. I still find it moving. And the cover is my favo(u)rite of any record ever.
I am glad somebody beat me to mentioning the best track on this album and IMO their best track they made namely Welcome to the Machine which I play far more than any other from PF , the fusion of simple guitar and soundscape I haven't heard reach such heights since its sheer musical genius.

I agonised over this one for a while but in the end its TOOIK that gets the not but had it been up against any of the tracks mentioned by Fog I would have gone the other way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.