The British Monarchy | Princess of Wales diagnosed with cancer (p396)

‘The Princess of Wales is undergoing treatment for cancer and requests her privacy, and the privacy of her family, be respected.’

Would not a statement along these lines at the outset spared endless speculation, doctored pics and sightings at Garden Centres? People are paid to handle these matters, so handle them.

‘The Princess of Wales is undergoing treatment for cancer and requests her privacy, and the privacy of her family, be respected.’

Would not a statement along these lines at the outset spared endless speculation, doctored pics and sightings at Garden Centres? People are paid to handle these matters, so handle them.
They did. They went with the information they had at the time. The cancer was found just a few weeks ago, after the operation.
It's not much to ask that they be given those few weeks to deliver the news to their young children, before the rest of us.

They've handled them.

The public have been told Kate has had surgery. THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH.

"Endless speculation" comes from the media and the mob, NOT the royal family.

We didn't need to know a timeline.

We didn't need hyperbole about a doctored photo

We didn't need her followed around a garden centre.

Yep. It’s been poorly handled - and I don’t mean by Kate and William - and that’s fuelled the conspiracy theorists. Most of that shit will die down now but there will still be some loons claiming that something else is afoot.

Mishandled how? To whose standards?

People were repeatedly asked to wait. They were given an Easter timeframe for updates. They refused to wait and went nuts with theories. And 'calls' for answers.

The only mishandling was the media latching onto the speculation for clicks, and the sheer entitlement of some parts of the public.

Anyway, that at this point seems hardly relevant. Other than, if people STILL look to make a fucking meal of it to be fucking controversial, mere hours after that announcement.

In which case those individuals should be fucking ashamed of themselves.
Excellently put

But I see that my views on the matter are in the minority on here, and I certainly don't want to catch heaps of abuse for simply wanting accountability for those that made the situation worse than it already was, so I will stop posting in here entirely.
Just timing mate - that's all.

Thanks @DenisLawBackHeel74 … I won’t burden you with the details but currently, the cancer Sue has is indolent (slow growing) but incurable…

It’s all about prolonging what we have… I wouldn’t wish a cancer diagnosis on anybody, certainly not the last 18 months we’ve had which have been horrendous…

Thanks for your (and everybody’s) best wishes though… Much appreciated

I guess most of us are touched by cancer in some way or another eventually. I lost my mum to cancer 30 years ago, a few months before my 21st. My brother in law was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple of years ago but had treatment and recovered…

Thoughts with you and your family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.