The Champions League Isn't All That

CheethamHillBlue

After all, if it was the be all and end all, the rags would have put all their efforts into winning it, or at least winning it SIX times to knock the scousers off their European perch.
Don't forget to pass that on to your rag friends when they chuckle at our European player reduction. ;-)
Another lovely sunny day when you're a Blue.

2013/14 PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS MANCHESTER CITY.

It's the money that attracts clubs to kill for CL football. Some of the ties in the group are worse than mismatches from FAC3! And there's no doubt that Uefa like nothing better than their old mates meeting up once a year in the chosen stadium to put on another free football match for them, which fans pay for through the nose. Remember the £126 booking fee?

Neville Kneville said:
Non champions frequently get top seeding.

The best team rarely wins it.
The best team won it in 2013 2011 2010 2009 2008 2006 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1996 1995 1994 and 1992.

Threads like this do make me laugh.
When we were shite, and in the old second division, we would have given a testicle to be dining at football's top table.
Now we are there, and good enough to mount a challenge, and folk are falling over themselves to rubbish the competition.
I can't speak for anyone else, but this is the trophy I now want more than anything, as to me being recognised as the best team in Europe trumps being seen as the best team in England.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
When we were shite, and in the old second division, we would have given a testicle to be dining at football's top table.
Now we are there, and good enough to mount a challenge, and folk are falling over themselves to rubbish the competition.
I can't speak for anyone else, but this is the trophy I now want more than anything, as to me being recognised as the best team in Europe trumps being seen as the best team in England.

Even though I am on your list of Plebs and so my opinion probably doesn't register, I agree and the players will probably agree too!

I just love the away days. fuck the tin pot its bent as fuck.

Agreed mate. Not particularly this thread but there's been some serious mard arse comments on this forum about the champs league. If we were never to play in it again you can be pretty sure that all or almost all of our first team would want to leave, so yes it probably is really all that

I think the majority on here wouldn't mind at all if we stopped participating in that joke of a league and only focused on domestic glory. The owners have a whole different take on it though.

Champions2012! said:
I think the majority on here wouldn't mind at all if we stopped participating in that joke of a league and only focused on domestic glory. The owners have a whole different take on it though.

...thank god

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.