The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

Waiting to watch Jane Weaver at the Castle and Falcon in Brum. £20 a ticket and she'll play 90 minutes. £10 for 2 pints and a couple of hundred in. Forget large venues they're shit experiences
To me its the extremes that work for concerts, stadiums or small and personal. Can't honestly say I've been to an arena and thought the acoustics were great.

Waiting to watch Jane Weaver at the Castle and Falcon in Brum. £20 a ticket and she'll play 90 minutes. £10 for 2 pints and a couple of hundred in. Forget large venues they're shit experiences
Jealous, Jane Weaver is a great live act, the live version of "I Need A Connection" is a stunning set closer. Castle & Falcon is a top venue.

Will see her later this tour in Cambridge.

I know...I don't like watching these old stars struggle to sing their old songs. It can sound too painful at times. I've watched a few on YouTube.. Blondie at Glasto, I think...that was awful.
Some of my friends like to go and see the tribute bands....cheap and some sound good.
Yes, with tribute bands in can be a lottery, but you can strike lucky!

Jealous, Jane Weaver is a great live act, the live version of "I Need A Connection" is a stunning set closer. Castle & Falcon is a top venue.

Will see her later this tour in Cambridge.
Yes that was the encore. Messed it up so had to do it twice. Be interesting to see if she tells you her celebrity crush.

Are they bothered about spectator experience? Genuinely? I doubt it, just trying to avoid major gaffs. Pack you in, get you spending, get you out. Paying back the venture capitalists is the goal.
People are very negative about this new place. Somebody did a facebook post about it on a Manchester page I follow.
Just about 95% slagging it off, (even though they've never actually been) the latest one was "I prefer to see a blues band in the back room of a pub with a 3 quid pint" got about a zillion likes.
Well if that's your thing then yeah, but it's not everybody's idea of going to a gig.

No-one is forcing anyone to go there. Surely if people don't go it will eventually close.

Interestingly one person who actually went said it was great, the staff were very friendly, a positive experience. But he got laughed at by many posters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.