The Conservative Party/Government

‘Market turmoil forces Halifax, UK's largest mortgage lender, to temporarily withdraw all mortgage products that come with a fee.

"As a result of significant changes in the cost of funding, we're making some changes to our product range." @Reuters

I bet you are sunshine.

‘Market turmoil forces Halifax, UK's largest mortgage lender, to temporarily withdraw all mortgage products that come with a fee.

"As a result of significant changes in the cost of funding, we're making some changes to our product range." @Reuters

I bet you are sunshine.
Where’s Howard when you need him?

I remember an article a while back that described how we had a huge rise in the number of billionaires in Britain since the pandemic, and that got me thinking about how we plebs should be luxuriating in a positive deluge - not a mere trickle- of rich-people’s money bringing us all wealth and joy unbounded.
Then I got to thinking as to how this ain’t happening and I came to the conclusion that these can’t be self-made British billionaires on account of how we are a lazy, shiftless, indolent lot, (Copywrite L Truss et al) so they must be something else.
Perhaps , I mused, these are a bunch of businessmen (not in the Sopranos sense obviously) who are here to take advantage of post-brexit regulations with regard to tax-dodging and money-laundering or perhaps they might be Russian oligarchs who buy a passport, buy a seat in the Lords, buy a brexit and ultimately buy a government.
It’s all very confusing.

F'kin wild day in the world of finance today.

The markets are in a kind of limbo state struggling to comprehend the level of incompetence.

The statement of the BoE earlier basically calling the government out for the cluster F of friday. At this rate Truss is toast - there is no way her government can carry on like this.

Oh I see. So what you're saying is that all the drama on here about the exchange rate crashing was in fact just a load of old bollocks because you knew all along it would recover immediately. Thanks for clearing that up.
Do you not work, or do you work for the government ?
How many posts have you made ?

Hodges is not convinced (Mail on Sunday)

The political reality is Truss and Kwarteng are going to have to reverse the 45p rate cut. There’s no way round that, and they might as well acknowledge it sooner rather than later.’

F'kin wild day in the world of finance today.

The markets are in a kind of limbo state struggling to comprehend the level of incompetence.

The statement of the BoE earlier basically calling the government out for the cluster F of friday. At this rate Truss is toast - there is no way her government can carry on like this.
But, but, but the Mail on Sunday were asking for Kamikwasi (pat)to get a knighthood and Lizard to be made a Dame with the genius masterstroke they've pulled off !

Absolute amateur hour from Kwarteng - initially disregarding the need for an OBR forecast and then having to issue his statement today, all after doubling down over the weekend.

Really is very poor and he’s showing very little understanding of how closely intertwined the fiscal and monetary policy outlooks are now. The fiscal mechanics of the APF unwind are in fact quite unstable if sentiment deteriorates sufficiently, and detailed reports of investor concerns would have been relayed to him prior to last Friday. But still they chose to pull the trigger.

What price that him, Truss and Andrew Bailey are all still in their jobs in six months’ time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.