The Conservative Party/Government

I guess you firmly believe everyone claiming benefits is fully entitled and that no one is dragging their heels getting employment

I think Britain's rate of youth unemployment is pretty much the same as the USA, Aus, NZ and the EU and at pretty much the lowest it's been in 40 years, other than a very brief dip to 9% immediately following the pandemic. It's simply not an issue.

Do people drag their feet looking for work? Probably about as much as ever, but it costs us pocket changed in the grand scheme of things. I'd be we'd recoup a lot more money for the tax payer investigating the tax affairs of people like Richard Grosvenor Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax MP.

I think Britain's rate of youth unemployment is pretty much the same as the USA, Aus, NZ and the EU and at pretty much the lowest it's been in 40 years, other than a very brief dip to 9% immediately following the pandemic. It's simply not an issue.

Do people drag their feet looking for work? Probably about as much as ever.
The UK has watered down its data collection on ’non working’ stats and in typical fashion the nasties are dog whistling without facts - again.

Link is to recent ONS assumptions and predictions.

Yoof unemployment is slightly up but the biggest rise is from folk who are reaching retirement age and have ceased to work.
Overall there will be a menu of reasons why people who could work, don’t. Examples….
Older high earners who don’t want to work coz the nasties have consistently fucked about with pension earning limits rules, middle earners with kids who have been caught on the nasties childcare cost regime, through all ages those who want to work but physically can’t coz they are stuck on massive waiting lists for help.

Every morning now you will be woken by the nasties dog whistle and another half baked sensationalist idea.

There will always a proportion of work shy but the gvmt are more than partly culpable for this problem. It would like us to think it’s all our fault. Again responsible for everything accountable for nowt.

Drax' dead cat has worked pretty well here!

He's had some interesting views over the years, so why anyone pays any attention to this is beyond me. A pro-national service MP in the Telegraph...

right - thats absolute proof is it? I am not working and am not looking for work.
Eh? I'm saying that there are people out there swinging the lead, how many? goodness knows. The poster called out someone for being a **** suggesting they get military service and I simply asked what would his alternative be.

Some don't think it's an issue - fine.

Eh? I'm saying that there are people out there swinging the lead, how many? goodness knows. The poster called out someone for being a **** suggesting they get military service and I simply asked what would his alternative be.

Some don't think it's an issue - fine.

You don't know why I am doing what I am doing nor my personal circumstances. Nor do you and Drax know the circumstances of all those you choose to tar with the same brush and that there is the issue that had dogged this country for a decade or more. Simple sloganised answers to complex issues with no realistic answers being put up.

You don't know why I am doing what I am doing nor my personal circumstances. Nor do you and Drax know the circumstances of all those you choose to tar with the same brush and that there is the issue that had dogged this country for a decade or more. Simple sloganised answers to complex issues with no realistic answers being put up.
Where have I tarred everyone with the same brush?
Surely, if someone wants to call out a suggestion for being cuntish, is it unreasonable to ask what they might do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.