The Conservative Party/Government

So, income tax to be cut, national insurance rise reversed, cap on energy bills implemented, extra payments going to the most vulnerable. The cost to be paid via more borrowing for now, but if these measures promote growth in the economy this will significantly reduce the bill. A Tory government implementing Tory policies at last. I like it.

I knew it was going to be difficult for things to get worse after Johnson, but they've fucking managed it.
BJ was an awful PM for so many reasons and we must remember that Brexit has and will cause 10x the damage that todays budget will. But BJ followed the blair / cameron model of do some of teh things teh oposition would do and then its hard for them to differentiate themselves model.

Blair was a bit tory, Cameron was a bit Labour, BJ did brexit but tried to keep some fiscal stuff more middle of the road and thereby force Labour to a more extreme position. This has been part of the recipe for every election victory since 1997. Current tories seem to have just thought F'it lets go all in and see what happens.

I've said before that Labour should be releasing every single set of statistics they can come up with to show the lies and who benefitted, if elected.

Of course, they'll have a horrible 5 years, and changing the voting scheme may be the best move to prevent short term memory kicking them back out.
They'll have to get all that into a three word slogan to help the majority of the electorate understand it

So, income tax to be cut, national insurance rise reversed, cap on energy bills implemented, extra payments going to the most vulnerable. The cost to be paid via more borrowing for now, but if these measures promote growth in the economy this will significantly reduce the bill. A Tory government implementing Tory policies at last. I like it.
And if the growth fails to materialise, then what?

The last time we had a budget like this in 1972, we were running off cap in hand to the IMF four years later.

Shameless ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.