The Conservative Party/Government

I think it is less than that amount. I know a full time carer on less than £500 state pension has been refused carers allowance

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me, haven't looked for a while. Discussing benefits is quite an interesting insight into people's assumptions. I live in quite an affluent area and the number of people who just assume I receive a pretty substantial carers benefit of some form and when I explain that's not how the system works they look at me as if they think I'm just saying this to throw them off the money trail! Then of course some of them find themselves in a similar boat and the scales fall from their eyes.

You do realise that the

1. state pension is classed as a ''benefit''.
  2. majority of people on 'benefits' are in work.
  3. Personal Independence Payments made to the seriously disabled and terminally ill are classed as ''benefits''
  4. Carers who look after the seriously disabled and terminally ill receive a weekly allowance of £76.75 .... which is also a benefit

View attachment 110178

Now stop and have a think about who really ''benefits'' from Britains benefit system. ......and please stop reading the Daily Mail / Express
You can add Civil Servants on benefits as well....it's not just private businesses taking the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.