The Conservative Party/Government

If a bank holiday was thought to be a good time to release this, well done, as it's headline news. It is true, Sunak really is bad at politics. Most PMs do their resignation honours after their resignation.
So rushed that he must know something is afoot.

For all her many faults, I think Thatcher was a pretty honest person, and more capable of introspection than those Tory PMs that have followed Cameron (although less than John Major on both counts I would say).

I did wonder a few days ago if she could cast her eyes upon the dysfunctional mess that we are now burdened with as a nation from much of her privatisation, the most egregious unquestionably being the water companies, not least because it was arguably the least justifiable given the manifest lack of choice available to consumers, and the impact they are having in on the environment (something she appeared to care about more than any of her successors) and whether she would accept the terrible mistake she made.

To me it encapsulates how capitalism is no longer working for the common good, as I feel it once was. At least not in this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.