The Conservative Party/Government

He bet his world on it.

Me, I have no interest in the policy or the individual who is trying to put it in place, apart from the amount of money that has been wasted on this vanity project. That money could have been diverted elsewhere to support a number of things that would have a real social impact.

Stupidity and the Tories seem to go hand-in-hand, it’s about time they were stopped from handing funds out to people who don’t deserve it.

Exactly. That’s my opinion on it too, and the opinion of the vast majority of the electorate.

I suppose it's fitting if this is to be their swansong. It's an ineffective, economically illiterate, legally delinquent, inhuman and divisive policy. It speaks to who they are.

Worse still, it's not simply vindictive, it's performatively cruel because they think that's who we are and what we'll respond to. Assuming that we as a nation support this farce is probably the ultimate insult from a government that has been nothing but contemptuous of the people it was supposed to represent.

Sadly their stench will linger in these islands for decades. The only fitting response would be to remember where the smell came from and properly consign them and their way of 'thinking' to political history.

The crazy thing is, his legacy could’ve been the smoking ban and the furlough scheme.

Both things that ultimately were and will be a positive thing.

Instead it’s this mental idea designed to appease only the nuttiest of the right wing fringe.

I suppose it's fitting if this is to be their swansong. It's an ineffective, economically illiterate, legally delinquent, inhuman and divisive policy. It speaks to who they are.

Worse still, it's not simply vindictive, it's performatively cruel because they think that's who we are and what we'll respond to. Assuming that we as a nation support this farce is probably the ultimate insult from a government that has been nothing but contemptuous of the people it was supposed to represent.

Sadly their stench will linger in these islands for decades. The only fitting response would be to remember where the smell came from and properly consign them and their way of 'thinking' to political history.

They know the nation doesn’t support it. All the polling points to us being against it.

If anything it’s designed to stop a few people from going to Reform / Brexit party / UKIP / whatever they’re called this week.

He knows it’s not an election winner.

Last edited:
Rwanda, Brexit…has there ever been a time where a Govt simply acted and passed legislation contrary to reality?

Rwanda isn’t safe - our courts ruled as such, yet the Govt legislates that it is safe while taking in Rwandan refugees and paying hundreds of millions for the privilege.

Brexit is an economic dead weight yet the Govt acts and pretends it’s an economic boon.

And people go along with this nonsense, vote for this nonsense and go on telly and advocate for this nonsense. To be fair, this nonsense is costing the Tories with the public at large, but even so, it’s bizarre way to run a country.

It will be interesting to see how the courts react to future challenges to the Rwanda policy.

Great post. Sums up my sentiments to a tee. They're evil bastards who should be deported themselves.

Gosh, bit of a meltdown interview on Radio 4 with Michael Tomlinson, "minister against illegal migration"

Really lost his rag with any question he didn't have an answer for. "I know that wasn't your question but it's my answer"!

There is no doubt that immigration will be the main plank of Nasty Party strategy for the next election. Every time it is mentioned they always stress how Labour are trying to stop it. If, and it is a big IF, a flight takes place you can expect an election soon after. So not before September then.

They wouldn't answer the questions about which airline would take them. I wonder if we have bought a plane on the cheap?

There is no doubt that immigration will be the main plank of Nasty Party strategy for the next election. Every time it is mentioned they always stress how Labour are trying to stop it. If, and it is a big IF, a flight takes place you can expect an election soon after. So not before September then.

They wouldn't answer the questions about which airline would take them. I wonder if we have bought a plane on the cheap?
From a company with no planes? :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.