The Derby Post Match Thread

I agree, he normally shows his class when in possession. However today when in possession he was poor and played like he was having a mess about in a park. He was taking way to long on the ball and overcoplicating things.

Ye, he's not a No.10 for sure. I'd like to know everybodies opinion on when he should begin to be phased out, if he should only start certain games and be an impact sub or keep as is and who or what type of player should replace him. Soriano must surely be on the ball with it.

Just have to mention that Clattenburg annoys the shit out of me. Rojo is a dirty **** as well, I look forward to his stamp being replayed 24/7 for the next week like Mario's until he gets his ban...

What did we learn from that? That Pellegrini is increrdibly conservative when he doesn't need to be (Nacho on for Bony about twenty to twenty five minutes to the end - it was staring everyone in the face) and madly risk taking when he shouldn't be (no Kompany on Wednesday). We also learnt that we're not as good a team when our two world class players are out - surprise. We also learnt that the rags are not our rivals for the title. In other words, everything that we already knew.
Dire game — already forgotten. I'll take that point and ask no further questions. Now I'll just sit back with a drink, and look contemplatively at that table…
Natcho didn't get a kick when he came on & didn't look like getting one.

Why would an extra 20 mins of that have helped ?

United close to their best and we were distinctly average at best , what does that tell you . . . We shouldn't struggle to win this league only arsenal pose a real threat

Happy with the result given the injuries we have, sure the performance could have been better but given the result there last season we were never going to be very expansive. The key today was not to hand them the advantage, we closed the game down quite well, in hindsight the decision to start with Sterling instead of Navas was not right and maybe Bony should have come off earlier but be honest with no Aguero, Silva and Kompany and Kolarov only just getting back to fitness i was always going to be a struggle.

I think the time is coming though where we need to look at what our prefered starting line up would be if everyone is fit because there are some tough decisions to make.

I truly am shocked that people actually think that was a "good point" today.For me it was two points dropped as its so clear that we have the stronger squad but we had players who turned in some terrible performances today.The defence were superb,as was both Ferno and Nandi,but we can`t carry on with 4-5 players being so below par.
They were there for the taking and I am sick of the piss poor excuses that we didn`t win because we had two of our best players missing.We had enough quality to turn in a better performance against a truly bog standard team.
Obviously my expectation are higher than some Blues on here.
A point away against a poor team is not in my opinion a "good point" but two dropped.
But carry on all you happy clappers.

In no way am i defending them you say a poor team yet they are not and have improved from last season yet we didnt have the quality there to win Bony just doesn't cut it we may as well not had a striker out there.

Nothing to do with happy clapping just a fair assessment that a point was enough against a team that has improved whilst we had 2 of our best players out of the team.

I truly am shocked that people actually think that was a "good point" today.For me it was two points dropped as its so clear that we have the stronger squad but we had players who turned in some terrible performances today.The defence were superb,as was both Ferno and Nandi,but we can`t carry on with 4-5 players being so below par.
They were there for the taking and I am sick of the piss poor excuses that we didn`t win because we had two of our best players missing.We had enough quality to turn in a better performance against a truly bog standard team.
Obviously my expectation are higher than some Blues on here.
A point away against a poor team is not in my opinion a "good point" but two dropped.
But carry on all you happy clappers.

The point is good when you consider how many of our players never performed to the level they normally play to, the Rags will probably see it as 2 points lost and that we were for the taking.

Different game with Silva

Ye, he's not a No.10 for sure. I'd like to know everybodies opinion on when he should begin to be phased out, if he should only start certain games and be an impact sub or keep as is and who or what type of player should replace him. Soriano must surely be on the ball with it.

He should be phased out slowly from now. If Silva had been fit & we had to gind a centre mid place for Yaya, Utd would have run straight through us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.