The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

An ex-girlfriend of mine lives in one of these areas and it’s a nightmare for residents on matchdays so when the arena opens it would be a nightmare for residents five nights or more a week so I can see why they’re doing it.

But if they’re doing this, public transport to Etihad Campus needs to drastically improve!

The frequency of Mets post-game is a fucking joke. Three times this season I’ve waited nearly half an hour after reaching the platform before a Met to Town has shown up. That’s utterly pathetic. You get a more frequent Met service in the arse-end of nowhere like Shaw on a Tuesday afternoon than after a City game at the Etihad.

There needs to be a huge increase in bus services to Piccadilly and Victoria stations from the Etihad post-game.

There needs to be a proper walk route set up.

There needs to be Park&Ride for people who don’t head into Town at various places across the outskirts of the conurbation.

Even a water taxi service set up from Town in the Rochdale Canal would be good.

There needs to be more around the Campus to stay and have a drink and/or food so that not everyone needs to leave at the same time.
Too many locks but love the gondala to the ground idea
I live off Dickenson Rd and the traffic was impossible after games at Maine rd.

The residents parking scheme is city wide and it's I believe a £60 fine if caught . There's a railway a few hundred metres from the ground build a station at Ashton new road or next to Philips park fire station and get people travelling in droves on a free shuttle train from Victoria or short curve of new track to link to Piccadilly.

There’s always going to be City v Arena clashes. Some of those concerts are announced way in advance of television telling us when we’re playing.

Too many locks but love the gondala to the ground idea
I live off Dickenson Rd and the traffic was impossible after games at Maine rd.

The residents parking scheme is city wide and it's I believe a £60 fine if caught . There's a railway a few hundred metres from the ground build a station at Ashton new road or next to Philips park fire station and get people travelling in droves on a free shuttle train from Victoria or short curve of new track to link to Piccadilly.
I think the prospect of a new train station have long since been put to bed on account of cost and network capacity. Not everyone going to the match wants to pass through the city centre.
I don't know what the solution is but it's not unreasonable to expect car park costs near the ground to rise now the scheme is in place. It won't be long before it's easier to chance getting a ticket and settling the fine early at £30. The guy that ran a minibus used to do this. Think he only got 2 tickets last season.

I think the prospect of a new train station have long since been put to bed on account of cost and network capacity. Not everyone going to the match wants to pass through the city centre.
I don't know what the solution is but it's not unreasonable to expect car park costs near the ground to rise now the scheme is in place. It won't be long before it's easier to chance getting a ticket and settling the fine early at £30. The guy that ran a minibus used to do this. Think he only got 2 tickets last season.
You can build a cheap station with a small platform but it defeats the object.

The problem with multiple tickets is they can clamp repeat offenders. Now the arena is fully funding the parking enforcement there may be a lot more patrols. If there are more tickets it costs the arena less as it could be self funding.

You can build a cheap station with a small platform but it defeats the object.

The problem with multiple tickets is they can clamp repeat offenders. Now the arena is fully funding the parking enforcement there may be a lot more patrols. If there are more tickets it costs the arena less as it could be self funding.
Wasn't aware they could clamp repeat offenders. Reading the latest comments on the gasholder sites, a transport hub of some sort looks the next best thing. Can't see what other commercial uses there would be for these sites. Resi could be an option but remediation might be costly.

Would that work for everybody?
To be clear, you want us to leave earlier and pay for something that was previously free but this isn't a change to what we have done for 20+ years?
To be clear I couldn't care less but in answer to your questions, no and no, however I did try and give you a solution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.