The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Not winding anybody up, I'll take your advice and do one.
You are being a prick or you're extremely dim

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that you're dim and your suggestion of "get there a bit earlier then"
If everyone starts to arrive a bit earlier, then we're in the same situation but two hours before the game. So how much earlier do we have to arrive, three hours, four hours!

The residents only parking areas are now expanded. so I, like an awful lot of others, park that bit further away, but all its done is move the issue that bit further.
The parking problem hasn't been solved, just moved a bit and I guarantee there'll be an even larger residents zone introduced within the next couple of years. So what happens then? And not forgetting the stadium capacity is going up by 8,000 or so

Many roads that have parking restrictions on them are not residential.

There are numerous streets for example Oldfield St, Braddon St, Eccleshall St, Foxdale St, Rushden St, John William St Bank Bridge St (to name but a few) that are within this new scheme. None of the which have a single residential or commercial building in place to justify the new scheme. Bank Bridge Street alone could accommodate in access of 300 vehicles on a match day without causing any issues to any resident or business.

Last edited:
It’s not common sense though. Some people travel straight from work so can’t get there earlier. Also if everyone arrived earlier then we have the sane problem .
Just because we as motorists feel like we shouldn’t have to arrive ages before kick off to secure a spot it doesn’t mean that it’s not common sense to do so.

The sensible advice if you want the best chance of being able to park up is to get there earlier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.