The end of Page 3 girls

Chris in London

i thought about simply calling this thread 'page 3 girls' but then the only people who clicked on the link would have been disappointed.

Murdoch has apparently ended the Sun's tradition of printing pictures of topless models on page three.

Is this a good day for feminism, or a bad day for the freedom of the press?

A small win for the militant psychotic feminists like Caroline Criado Perez..

I understand some of the sentiment, one feminst was makine suggesting that in the Sun, men are glamourized and worshipped and the girls on page 3 are just there to look pretty and topless.

At the same time, the demographic of sun readers are hardly sophisticated and it's probably to their taste. Also some poor page 3 girls are now out of a job. Well done feminists, continue with your campaigns for uni sex toys, encouraging boys to play with dolls etc

It's too late for me now, of course, but spending the night with a Page Three model must certainly be a magnificent thing to have on your CV.

It's harmless enough, but it does objectify women to a certain extent.

Can't help but wonder if it's a ruse to create a bit of publicity to get a "keep your hands off" campaign going.

About time. Surely there are more appropriate places to look at breasts than in a national newspaper (if you can call it that?)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It's too late for me now, of course, but spending the night with a Page Three model must certainly be a magnificent thing to have on your CV.

Can't help but wonder if it's a ruse to create a bit of publicity to get a "keep your hands off" campaign going.

The page three "tradition" will endure, ie scantily clad models in alluring poses, it's just that they will no longer be topless.

if it is indeed too late, it is not for that reason.

gordondaviesmoustache said:

Agree think it's a stunt to get a save our page 3 campaign.
Not sure if your keep your "keep your hands off our t#ts "campaign would be a goer though !

Chris in London said:
i thought about simply calling this thread 'page 3 girls' but then the only people who clicked on the link would have been disappointed.

Murdoch has apparently ended the Sun's tradition of printing pictures of topless models on page three.

Is this a good day for feminism, or a bad day for the freedom of the press?

Just seen some trollop on good morning Britain banging on about this.
The militant feminist looked as though she didn't want to be there, almost intimidated by the girl next to her. She mumbled and stumbled through some terrible points such as:
-It's 2015
-It's objectifying women
-It's sexist
-It's not the 70's any more
-It's sexist

There was also an ex page 3 model on there, who was articulate, and made fair points. She came across as confident and knew what she was talking about. Her points were:
Were not all thick, it's good money and we know what we are doing.
-I've got it so I can flaunt it.
-What's the difference between a topless shot and a bikini shot, apart from a nipple?
-Tits are nice, I like to look at them too!
-You can find tits all over the Internet, why censor this media?
-The sun is hardly the paper to go to for serious news!

I know which side I am on. It's not just about the tits, if there was a page 5 with some rugged looking builder in little undies, I doubt you would get any woman complaining.
If somebody wanted to pay me a grand to get my todge out I would happily accept.it normally only takes 6 pints. I expect it's the same for these girls.

The world is changing. People are now more sexually lliberated than ever, clothes are smaller and more see through than ever, I bit of tit on page 3 is less contraversial now than it has ever been. Why ban it now?

Personally I don't touch the sun and never really perv on half naked pictures because whilst they may be something to admire, I'm no 14 years old...

Another case of double standards from the feminists. Their argument is, it's the context where women are seen as sexual figures...No doubt the psychotic high horsed nutters on 'Loose women' will be gloating on how this is a big win for them, yet when they have Robbie Williams on or somebody like Olly fucking Murrs, they all drule over them like flies round shit. So which way do they want it? Both genders enjoy looking at each other in a sexual context or neither can enjoy this delight?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.