The English Disease

AJ71

Just watched this on Youtube, a Brass Tacks documentary from 1988. Bit of City interest as the cup match v Liverpool is featured along with interviews with Swales, but it mainly focusses on Luton and the membership scheme. Highlights how much has changed, but also how the demographic changed apparently at Luton during then away fan ban (more families attending). Just wonder what would have happened to football if Thatchers plans had been widely implemented, would it be even more sanitised than it is now?

Oh, can anyone spot themselves on the Maine Road footage?

Just watched this on Youtube, a Brass Tacks documentary from 1988. Bit of City interest as the cup match v Liverpool is featured along with interviews with Swales, but it mainly focusses on Luton and the membership scheme. Highlights how much has changed, but also how the demographic changed apparently at Luton during then away fan ban (more families attending). Just wonder what would have happened to football if Thatchers plans had been widely implemented, would it be even more sanitised than it is now?

Oh, can anyone spot themselves on the Maine Road footage?

Fuck Luton that David Pleat running across the pitch..

Me too pal, one bad day at the office. Halifax in the Cup kills me as well. But you know what mate we are blues in for a penny in for a pound. You take the highs and lows mate, Where shit and we know we are...God I will be a nervous wreck if we ever reach that Champions league final.
To this day,anyone mentions ths word Halifax it chills me to the bone.dark days indeed.

OP..watched that vid a couple of years back. interesting...very interesting. I miss the Kippax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.