The fan who jumped on Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my post above.

You are making the same argument as Dippers often make, and I assume you wouldn’t want to do that.

“I should be able to do whatever the fuck I want without consequence.”
He will be banned because it’s a criminal offence to enter the field of play in a football stadium, Just another draconian law against football fans that people like you seem to lap up. No harm done whatsoever with what he did ridiculous to be banned for a good natured celebration. Obviously silly to do it knowing the consequences just don’t get the apparent want for a fellow blue to be deprived of going the match for being happy we scored

Again, risk mitigation can’t be based on actual outcome (largely randomised), but rather possible outcome (defined probability).

Yes, it seems nothing negative came of him getting on the pitch, but we have concrete evidence that is not always the case, with invaders causing real issues in England over the last few years and definitely elsewhere in the world (again, just look at Brazil and Argentina, where things have been allowed to get out of hand regularly). And punishment in these cases is meant to be deference, because literally no club, in any game, at any time, can ensure sufficient prevention for individual pitch invaders, much less groups of them.

This is a case of systems analysis and management. You have to look beyond the single event and consider the further implications, even when it involves a fellow blue.

And, even beside all that, he knew a ban was the likely consequence of jumping on to the pitch and did it anyway. If he is a “real man”, he’ll accept the consequences of his actions.

There is nothing more Dipperish than knowing the consequences of your actions beforehand, deciding to take the action anyway, and then bemoaning having the consequences enforced on you.

So you honestly think he was aware of the repercussion of what he did when he spontaneously celebrated Haaland's goal? That was raw emotion, not an analytical response to Haaland's goal before he jumped on Haaland's back.

He will be banned because it’s a criminal offence to enter the field of play in a football stadium, Just another draconian law against football fans that people like you seem to lap up. No harm done whatsoever with what he did ridiculous to be banned for a good natured celebration. Obviously silly to do it knowing the consequences just don’t get the apparent want for a fellow blue to be deprived of going the match for being happy we scored
I don’t want a fellow blue deprived of going to matches; I want someone that did something that have known consequences to face those consequences.

Again, there is a sad myopathy whenever a fellow blue is involved — blues go full Dipper.

So you honestly think he was aware of the repercussion of what he did when he spontaneously celebrated Haaland's goal? That was raw emotion, not an analytical response before he did it.
He may not have known in the moment but he would have know beforehand.

Are you arguing that people that kill someone in a crime of passion should not face any punishment?

Or someone that beats someone else to the edge of their life during a pub brawl should face no consequences because they didn’t think about what they did in the moment?

So was he the only one happy we scored?
If not then why did no one else feel the need run on the pitch to demonstrate their happiness?

Mate honestly, shout, sing, cheer, holler, clap, wave your arms about, jump up and down, wave your scarf, throw your hat in the air, do what you like.
Just keep off the fucking pitch.
It's not too much to ask.
It was a spur of the moment thing , pure elation took over his judgement , he will get punished , the real shame for me is to see the level of righteousness from some of our fans on this thread , many of whom clearly have no real idea of what it is like to support City Away but are all for the sanitised modern way of how you should behave - wonder how many of the kids would have been banned when Ronnie Radford scored that screamer back in 1972

I don’t want a fellow blue deprived of going to matches; I want someone that did something that have known consequences to face those consequences.

Again, there is a sad myopathy whenever a fellow blue is involved — blues go full Dipper.

There are some edgy ones on here that would fit right in over at RAWK, some super fans and others not so super.

Footballs like that mate we stick up for our own generally. Hard to find any part of me that would want a City fan to miss out on 3 years of football for jumping on a players back happily after we scored but each to their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.