The Football Fear Factory...

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
I shouldn't be atonished at what I heard, but listening to Graham Poll basically say 'you have to be careful who you send off', confirms many things we fans have continued to witness over the years.

John Terry's sending off by Phil Dowd, was justified, studs up, ill timing, career threatening tackle. I've no qualms with the decision. The question is, will it be overturned... YET AGAIN! It's not contraversial to me, looking at the incident.

'Shouldn't the rule apply to everyone, from 17 to Prem players?' the commentator asked.

"In theory, yes", Poll says "but you have to think of the consequences!"(or words to that very effect!)!

Poll's implication runs right through football about how decisions/ appeals/ requests lean towards the 'Big Boys' and I can see why fans are continually angry at the FA's lack of integrity.

Ever heard this from some?

"You can't send Terry off!"

"Why?"

"He's the England captain!"

You watching him on Setanta?

Bigga said:
I shouldn't be atonished at what I heard, but listening to Graham Poll basically say 'you have to be careful who you send off', confirms many things we fans have continued to witness over the years.

John Terry's sending off by Phil Dowd, was justified, studs up, ill timing, career threatening tackle. I've no qualms with the decision. The question is, will it be overturned... YET AGAIN! It's not contraversial to me, looking at the incident.

'Shouldn't the rule apply to everyone, from 17 to Prem players?' the commentator asked.

"In theory, yes", Poll says "but you have to think of the consequences!"(or words to that very effect!)!

Poll's implication runs right through football about how decisions/ appeals/ requests lean towards the 'Big Boys' and I can see why fans are continually angry at the FA's lack of integrity.

I could not believe he said live on TV

I don't recall what he said about Terry's rugby tackle. Anyone remember? Anyway, where's Montogmery Burns, I reckon he'll find something in here to get his teeth into...

Brucie Bonus said:
Ever heard this from some?

"You can't send Terry off!"

"Why?"

"He's the England captain!"

You watching him on Setanta?

I was TOTALLY stunned at the 'matter-of-fact'ness of the statement. It didn't look calculated like he still held a grudge. It looked like it just rolled of his tongue, like it was part of the ref's guide to reffing!

Brucie Bonus said:
I don't recall what he said about Terry's rugby tackle. Anyone remember? Anyway, where's Montogmery Burns, I reckon he'll find something in here to get his teeth into...

IMO that was not a red card. I said it at the time at the game.

vincent said:
Brucie Bonus said:

IMO that was not a red card. I said it at the time at the game.

I don't think so either, rescinding it was a quite rare bout of common sense from the FA.

Bigga said:

Poll is the biggest tosser of all time??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.