The full back problem. Are City on it?

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Just wondering, because I've been reading in today's Equipe that there's this lad Sofiane Alakouch (only 18) who's been having a blistering season at right back for Nîmes Olympique. Apparently the bigger clubs in French Ligue 1 are already on to him and looking to prise him away. PSG, Marseille, and suchlike. Now I'm well aware that there's quite a stretch from the the French second division to a club at the top of the EPL, but I wonder if City have had had him looked at (I'm also not forgetting that we've got Maffeo out on loan). We could get him for a song, I would think, and obviously Pep's drawing power would be huge.
Anyhow, who else are we on to? Because the full back problem on both sides has got to be at least partially addressed in the summer. That's a secret for no-one.
And who else would people fancy, in Europe, in an ideal world?

Just wondering, because I've been reading in today's Equipe that there's this lad Sofiane Alakouch (only 18) who's been having a blistering season at right back for Nîmes Olympique. Apparently the bigger clubs in French Ligue 1 are already on to him and looking to prise him away. PSG, Marseille, and suchlike. Now I'm well aware that there's quite a stretch from the the French second division to a club at the top of the EPL, but I wonder if City have had had him looked at (I'm also not forgetting that we've got Maffeo out on loan). We could get him for a song, I would think, and obviously Pep's drawing power would be huge.
Anyhow, who else are we on to? Because the full back problem on both sides has got to be at least partially addressed in the summer. That's a secret for no-one.
And who else would people fancy, in Europe, in an ideal world?
Pep certainly wasn`t "on it" on Sunday,and playing Dino there was fucking big mistake.Wonderful player who I love but as long as his arse hole points downwards its a position he`ll never make his own.Get him back where he rightfully belongs ... midfield.

Pep certainly wasn`t "on it" on Sunday,and playing Dino there was fucking big mistake.Wonderful player who I love but as long as his arse hole points downwards its a position he`ll never make his own.Get him back where he rightfully belongs ... midfield.
wonder if he was trying that inverted fullback thing , i was working so didn't see the game.

wonder if he was trying that inverted fullback thing , i was working so didn't see the game.

He was, and Fernandinho is probably the best option we have for that role currently, although he seemed slightly off the pace, poor touch on occasion and wrong pass choice on occasion in an otherwise decent display.

As to the OP, 3 of our 4 fullbacks are out of contract this summer so would be astounded if we haven't already got plans in motion to replace 2 of them.

Despite all the flapping about Maffeo and Angelino being sent on loan because they're not good enough, I think this is part of next season's plan, they are being sent on loan to get experience of senior football under their belts so that they are ready to deputise for the shiny new fullbacks we sign in the summer.

He didn't play him as a "fullback" he had him half way between Fullback and defensive midfielder. Not sure how it can be called a "Fucking big mistake" either as it didn't really impact the game one way or the other. He needs a way to fit Yaya and Fernandinho into the team and this is one obvious solution to that problem without deferring to the 3241 that the players weren't comfortable with. One game certainly doesn't and shouldn't define whether he could play there again either - particularly as it was his first game in months and his biggest problem was rustness, not anything to do with being on the right.

Do you ever sit down and think "why are all my posts so hysterical? Perhaps I won't go completely over the top today"?

Anyone flapping at Fernandinho's performance needs to show some goddamn patience.

And tbh, the goal came from the other full back, you know, the idiot playing there his whole career.

For me RB isn't as bad as we make it out to be(not saying its solid either btw), but it's lumped into a conversation with LB which is all sorts of god awful.

He didn't play him as a "fullback" he had him half way between Fullback and defensive midfielder. Not sure how it can be called a "Fucking big mistake" either as it didn't really impact the game one way or the other. He needs a way to fit Yaya and Fernandinho into the team and this is one obvious solution to that problem without deferring to the 3241 that the players weren't comfortable with. One game certainly doesn't and shouldn't define whether he could play there again either - particularly as it was his first game in months and his biggest problem was rustness, not anything to do with being on the right.

Do you ever sit down and think "why are all my posts so hysterical? Perhaps I won't go completely over the top today"?
No I don`t sit down and think why are all my posts so hysterical.You have a vast knowledge on every subject but I think the word I`m looking for is "know all".

Correct, Ferna played there last year in and around the League Cup Final and was excellent., I'd go even further and play Delph as a nominal left back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.