The future of football

milly08

Where does everybody see football as being in 10 or 20 years, not what you would like to see more what you feel will happen.
I think before long we will see a closed off top division consisting of teams that have been invited in for their money making abilities and potential supporter bases, so the top 8 teams now would be joined by Villa, Sunderland, Leeds, Wolves, Cardiff, Celtic, Rangers and a team from Dublin and/or Belfast.
Like I say it's not what I particularly want to happen but I can certainly see it happening, be interesting to see what people think

milly08 said:
Where does everybody see football as being in 10 or 20 years, not what you would like to see more what you feel will happen.
I think before long we will see a closed off top division consisting of teams that have been invited in for their money making abilities and potential supporter bases, so the top 8 teams now would be joined by Villa, Sunderland, Leeds, Wolves, Cardiff, Celtic, Rangers and a team from Dublin and/or Belfast.
Like I say it's not what I particularly want to happen but I can certainly see it happening, be interesting to see what people think

Not a chance. The Premiership is to established. South Wales (Cardiff) etc is just full of Rags/Scouse to care about their own teams

Hopefully like the German model we are stuck in the Middle Ages in the premier with stuck up people in charge!

For the fans, the decline of the Premier League as the world's dominant league might be for the best. This would make it a less rich and prestigious league meaning clubs might lower ticket prices. Unfortunately it could also mean us losing our owner although not necessarily.

In around 10yrs I can see the attraction/interest dwindling, with younger generations coming through with no history of matchday attending, only watching the football on a screen.
And those who have an history had their tickets paid by their parents.

Will they continue this unnecessary chunk of their personal finance when they have to buy tickets out of their own pockets?

Or maybe use this money on more important things such as Student Tuition Fees?

Tv audiences will be there, still big in Asia and so on but the stadiums will be half full.

Then Clubs will have to stop being greedy and introduce cheaper ticketing (if they are actually bothered about filling a stadium of course)

Why Always Ste said:
In around 10yrs I can see the attraction/interest dwindling, with younger generations coming through with no history of matchday attending, only watching the football on a screen.

Will they continue this unnecessary chunk of their personal finance when they have to buy tickets out of their own pockets?

Tv audiences will be there, still big in Asia and so on but the stadiums will be half full.

Then Clubs will have to stop being greedy and introduce cheaper ticketing (if they are actually bothered about filling a stadium of course)

I agree with this.

This could and probably be the downfall for Football as ticket prices now are getting ridiculous. They will keep on increasing and I do think price banding will be introduced very soon universally where for example derby day tickets could cost 100 pound wheras a ticket against Reading may be the standard 45 pound.

What football is forgetting is that the sport was originally very much a working class watched event and was so for at least 100 years, it was affordable to watch and stadiums were pretty much always full.

TV rights and ticket costs have affected Italy and starting to affect Spain now, it is only going to get worse.

sam-caddick said:
Why Always Ste said:

I agree with this.

This could and probably be the downfall for Football as ticket prices now are getting ridiculous. They will keep on increasing and I do think price banding will be introduced very soon universally where for example derby day tickets could cost 100 pound wheras a ticket against Reading may be the standard 45 pound.

What football is forgetting is that the sport was originally very much a working class watched event and was so for at least 100 years, it was affordable to watch and stadiums were pretty much always full.

TV rights and ticket costs have affected Italy and starting to affect Spain now, it is only going to get worse.

hope it does get worse its the only way something will change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.