The Goal Standard

Gary James

Today’s the anniversary of a game that I find it difficult to forget… it was City v Standard Liege and my Dad made us leave with 5 minutes to go missing 3 goals. Did you also miss out? It was a strong lesson - Never leave early unless there’s a strong reason!

I wrote a free feature for my website about it all here:

Did you stay or go?

I would make my way to the back of the scoreboard end next to the main stand towards the final whistle then a mad dash to the bus parked up at Princess road bus depot when it blew.

Me and my mates left on 80 to get the bus because you had to pay full fare after10pm.We were only 15,it was one nil when we left someone in town said it had ended 4-0 .Didn't believe them.

Today’s the anniversary of a game that I find it difficult to forget… it was City v Standard Liege and my Dad made us leave with 5 minutes to go missing 3 goals. Did you also miss out? It was a strong lesson - Never leave early unless there’s a strong reason!

I wrote a free feature for my website about it all here:

Did you stay or go?
Ever so slightly before my time but would have loved to see the legendary Belgian full back Eric Gerets live

Went to the game and stayed to the end. I think that was the second time I saw us score three in five minutes. The other was Wolves in the League Cup, possibly 71-72. We were 3-1 down ans won 4-3 IIRC.

For some reason we sang When it's spring again I'll sing again bollocks to Amsterdam at this game IIRC.

It was a great cup run as a kid without Google I think it ended in the QF v Gladbach when Nicky Reid made his debut as we were full of injuries.

*** I've just realised that was v FC Twente, still not the brightest thing to sing but at least we got the country correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.