The good old sunday roast.

Unpopular not in my family my the grown up daughters always have them as do we, going middle daughter today for a full on Sunday roast with all the family can't wait.

Just put the big boneless piece of pork in the oven and waiting for the fat to turn into some wonderful crackling !!!
Can`t beat a Sunday Roast but we don`t always have one as the missus does a wonderful Shepherds Pie, Tuna Bake with Pasta and an even better Tuna Bake with Thin Sliced Spuds.

Not a massive fan of a roast, dont know why.

All of the ingredients are brilliant by themselves, or with ither things, but stick them all together on one plate and i just... bleh.

As one of five kids, the sunday roast was really looked forward to, not just for the food, but listening to Ken Dodd, Les Dawson, The Navy Lark, Round the Horn, Hancocks Half hour, and others i may have forgotten. By the time i had kids of my own and being a single parent, not only had similar programmes vanished, the kids hardly new what a radio was.
Parboiled spuds, finished off in the roasting pan with the joint, usual veg, cauliflower carrots and podded peas, sometimes roast parsnips and cheatnuts, and Bisto gravy powder with a scoop of meat juices. Hardly "regal" fare but it was nice to be together for a time, sadly too brief, and at least they carried on the tradition for a while.

Just put the big boneless piece of pork in the oven and waiting for the fat to turn into some wonderful crackling !!!
Can`t beat a Sunday Roast but we don`t always have one as the missus does a wonderful Shepherds Pie, Tuna Bake with Pasta and an even better Tuna Bake with Thin Sliced Spuds.
Bacon this morning pork tonight

Got a lovely leg of lamb roasting in the oven now for 3 hours, the smell is just immense. Roasties, broccoli, cabbage and carrot and suede and delicious home made gravy. What’s no to love. Oh yes and some Yorkshire puddings as they just go with any meat.

odd, Les Dawson, The Navy Lark, Round the Horn, Hancocks Half hour, and others i may have forgotten
Billy Cotton Band Show."Wakey, wakey!" While my parents were off down the pub getting the Sunday lunchtime drinks in. I could just see the glowing valves through the slats in the back of the wireless (yes, deliberate choice) and I thought that glow was somehow producing the voices. Which, in a way, it was. And the delicious smell of roasting potatoes wafting through the kitchen where I was listening.

If I was ever on death Row my last meal would definitely be a Sunday roast. Or maybe a full English

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.