The Grand Canyon.....

Thinking of going and renting an Aaaar Veeeee for a week. Has anyone been, any pointers, costs, attractions etc etc. Got to try and sell it to the Mrs.
USA based City fan here.
Been to the south rim a few times, because of having family in Arizona.
Never been to the more infamous west rim, which has the skywalk / only a short drive from Las Vegas.

I cannot recommend the Grand Canyon enough. I know it's just a "big hole in the ground" but I've been almost brought to tears just looking at it. I brought my wife there about (3) years ago and she was skeptical as well, but was amazed once we finally got to see it.
I can't really explain why, I think it is just the sure beauty of it once you see it in person that it just has some type of odd power to it.
There are some many separate look out spots along the south rim, that you can make a day out of it while stopping and taking in the views at each one.

If you're going to make the trip to the Grand Canyon, then I must recommend taking a day trip down to Sedona and seeing the famous Red Rocks and possibly doing some hiking if you're into that type of stuff. I found Sedona more beautiful from a viewing standpoint and the town is an awesome place to kill a few hours shopping if you like that type of stuff.

Best of luck if you do make the trip, you will not regret it.

Last edited:
It’s a great trip and you can’t really go wrong wherever you go, as it really is a phenomenal thing to see. Can’t really comment on the RV stuff, but everything is so well organised that I would imagine it would be pretty straightforward.

The only thing I would say is you might want to avoid the height of the summer as it can get very hot, particularly if you go right into the Canyon (the difference in temperature between the top and bottom is incredible). Late autumn is the time to go I think.

I cannot recommend the Grand Canyon enough. I know it's just a "big hole in the ground" but I've been almost brought to tears just looking at it. I brought my wife there about (3) years ago and she was skeptical as well, but was amazed once we finally got to see it.
I can't really explain why, I think it is just the sure beauty of it once you see it in person that it just has some type of odd power to it.
I think , unlike most great natural wonders you don't see it before you arrive, so something like Uluru so see if from miles away appearing small and by the time you get there you have got used to it. The Grand canyon you can drive to but until you stand there on the edge donn't see it you are never quite ready for the enormity and beauty of of it, it just takes the breath away. Even pictures of film of it don't prepare you for it.
If anyone asks me the one natural wonder to see if you can before you die, it would be The Grand Canyon, and at least initially on foot.

I went and was on a trail to Cedar Ridge when 9/11 happened, we found out when we got back to the Maher Campground. I got almost an extra week in Las Vegas at the end of the tour because international flights were grounded, it was amazing to see the police and emergency services march along the strip. Most of the normal attractions were closed or muted, but I saw five Elvis’s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.