The Greatest.

Llewellyn Dowd

Mohammad Ali is coming to Manchester.

To me and many of my generation (b.1956) he's THE greatest ever sportsman and sports personality of all time.

Anyone agree?

Ali was a top fighter who went on far too long. I am too young to have seen him fight at his peak but looking back at videos of his fights he was the greatest ever to lace up the gloves. I think if it wasn't for Ali boxing wouldn't have been as big as it was all over the world everyone loved the guy. If it wasn't for Ali we wouldn't of had the Haglers , Hearns , Durans and Leonards of the world. It is a shame that he stayed too long in the ring as I think if he didn't stay fighting he would be still involved in the sport someway.
A book for you to get which is worth a read is Street Fighting Man by Paddy Monaghan it is basically about Monaghans time around Ali and there friendship over the years. He tells about people who tried to screw Ali over the years. I dont think we will ever see a fighter like Ali ever again a 1 off he had the talk and the skills and everyone loved the guy.

Everytime I see this photo, I wonder what would it take to get me in a ring to face this:

ali-muhammad-muhammad-ali-vs-sonny-liston-4900221.jpg

I agree he was probably the greatest sports personality ever, but don't you find it a bit sad seeing him these days?

I know I do.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
I agree he was probably the greatest sports personality ever, but don't you find it a bit sad seeing him these days?

I know I do.

I do too, shame to say it but Smokin Joe takes a bit of delight in it.

Still one of my few sporting heroes.

by far and away the best sportsman of all time!!

It was only the c**ts around in his ear about the money that kept him in the ring :(

'when we were kings' what a doco!!!!

excuse my ignorance...

but why is he coming to manchester and why?? Would love to see him! What a Legend! :-D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.