The "Head Injury " Rule

Well I’d like to think he’d be at least in a position to see who the ball came of last
Not 20 yards further down from the action.

In one instance yesterday cant remember the game the ball went out the ref looked at the linesman who was way down the line
Waited 5 seconds then just guessed and shrugged his shoulders when the opposition players went mad.
But im no linesman what do I know?

I wouldn’t expect anybody to know the ins and outs of the laws of the game. It’s not conditional on being a fan.

I would have thought somebody criticising a linesman positioning would have an idea of where they’re supposed to be first though.

It's a complete piece of nonsense . The immediate risk to someone rolling around holding their head is essentially zero but to properly assess for concussion you need several minutes in a place away from the pitch.

If a player fakes a head injury, it should be looked at by VAR and then the player who is implicated should be allowed to inflict a true head injury.
Seriously, the same should happen as in rugby. The player is treated and the play continues.

Last edited:
If the game stops because of a head injury, then that player needs to be sin binned for 10 minutes. I know it won't cut no ice if its deep into injury time and there are barely seconds left, but it might clear some of it up. And for the ones who think their getting away with it with seconds left, just shoot em. They won't do it again. It's a stupid rule that is now getting abused and is totally against the spirit of the game. But it'll still keep getting abused.

A lot of blame need to go to linesmen

more and more they don't keep up with play or even respond to fouls or injuries near them, a linesman should be able to spot a genuine collision/foul to th head and when a player if faking it
They rarely even decide which way a throw-in goes nowadays nevermind make a proper decision.

Far too many Times now players go down screaming and holding their head, the current rule is to stop the game. This is increasingly used to break up the opposition play. It is cheating pure and simple.
The powers that be should change the rule that any head injury must go off the field and be assessed by an appointed doctor. That would stop this cheating.
Totally agree, it’s being used to break up play far to often. I posted the below in the ref thread recently.

Maybe change the rules so that when a player goes down holding his head & the ref has to stop the game to check on the player, then the clubs physio automatically has to go & check on the player too. This would mean the ‘injured’ player then has to go off the pitch & has to wait to be called back on by the ref like any other time a player needs the physio.
I think this would stop the players faking as much as they do at the moment without any consequences to break up play.
It would also mean genuinely injured players would see the physio on the pitch that much quicker too.
If the players had no choice but to go off the pitch every time, then over time, maybe we would see less players faking head injuries.

I’ve said it numerous times but treat them on the pitch whilst game is allowed to continue, it would stop the cheating instantly.

Yep. And when the physio has pulled up their socks and given them a kiss better, they have to leave the pitch at the nearest point and walk round to the benches and wait to be signaled back on by the referee.

Everybody immediately recognises when there’s been a serious injury and automatically stops playing in the vast majority of cases anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.