The Independent Group

After being 25 points behind in the polls....

Second is the first loser.
If a GE was called tomorrow he would lose. There is no way he would win a working majority.
He peaked at the last election. The electorate has seen through him for what he is:
A spineless, compulsive liar who is racist anti-semite who shares the stage with terrorists & killers and is proud of it.
A disgusting man in charge of a failed & disgusting party.

Have you seen the record of Labour dealing with anti-semitism problems since JC became leader? I can't remember it now, I posted it here a while ago. But he came in to a back log of complaints that was enormous and they were dealing with them a lot quicker than had gone on before.

What happens online with abuse is disgusting and vile and needs to be dealt with. But it is across all parties against all kinds of minorities, especially islamophobia in the Conservative party.

That’s not the way I’ve seen it.

There’s been hundreds of complaints and only about a dozen actually had something done about them.

His refusal at first, to take the IHRA definition, the apathy to clamping down on this, his initial refusal to say it was specifically a Labour problem and his nonexistent message to his followers (if people were making racist slurs in my name I’d be horrified and would bloody well tell them to shut up).

Luciana Berger: "I have become embarrassed and ashamed to remain in the Labour party. I have not changed. The values which I hold really dear, and which led me to join the Labour party as a student almost 20 years ago, remain who I am. And yet these values have been consistently and constantly violated, undermined and attacked as the Labour party today refuses to put my constituents and our country before party interests. I cannot remain in a party that I have today come to the conclusion is institutionally anti-Semitic. It was nearly a year ago that we saw the unprecedented event of a minority community – the Jewish community – taking to Parliament Square to demonstrate against the Labour party. And yet since then, despite the mountain of evidence, we have only seen the situation of racism against Jewish people get worse. The leadership has wilfully and repeatedly failed to address hatred against Jewish people within its ranks. And it is for these reasons and many more that I have made this decision today. I am leaving behind a culture of bullying, bigotry and intimidation."

Ouch.

Luciana Berger: "I have become embarrassed and ashamed to remain in the Labour party. I have not changed. The values which I hold really dear, and which led me to join the Labour party as a student almost 20 years ago, remain who I am. And yet these values have been consistently and constantly violated, undermined and attacked as the Labour party today refuses to put my constituents and our country before party interests. I cannot remain in a party that I have today come to the conclusion is institutionally anti-Semitic. It was nearly a year ago that we saw the unprecedented event of a minority community – the Jewish community – taking to Parliament Square to demonstrate against the Labour party. And yet since then, despite the mountain of evidence, we have only seen the situation of racism against Jewish people get worse. The leadership has wilfully and repeatedly failed to address hatred against Jewish people within its ranks. And it is for these reasons and many more that I have made this decision today. I am leaving behind a culture of bullying, bigotry and intimidation."

Ouch.

Now that is damning.

That’s not the way I’ve seen it.

There’s been hundreds of complaints and only about a dozen actually had something done about them.

His refusal at first, to take the IHRA definition, the apathy to clamping down on this, his initial refusal to say it was specifically a Labour problem and his nonexistent message to his followers (if people were making racist slurs in my name I’d be horrified and would bloody well tell them to shut up).

Funny that ... cos the Conservatives still haven't adopted the IHRA definition ........ but silence is golden eh?

The rest of this week will be filled with them complaining about the treatment they have received from the rank and file Labour members in their constituency and how unfair that is. That would be the rank and file activists who go out week after week leafleting and doorstepping their constituents for their LABOUR MP and now find they don't have one. I wonder how much consultation between the constituents, their CLP and the 7 took place before they acted this morning? I think they are very brave to resign but refuse to call a by election........................you'd think they are worried they lack support or something.

Second is the first loser.
If a GE was called tomorrow he would lose. There is no way he would win a working majority.
He peaked at the last election. The electorate has seen through him for what he is:
A spineless, compulsive liar who is racist anti-semite who shares the stage with terrorists & killers and is proud of it.
A disgusting man in charge of a failed & disgusting party.
But tell us what you really think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.