The Labour Party

You think that £400bn would have been spent on things we actually need if it wasn't for Covid?
I'm not saying it would have, I'm just saying that we're living in a very different world compared to 2019. The price of COVID is often missed and understated.

Corbyns manifesto was very difficult to implement in 2019 whereas now it's impossible to implement.

Corbyn was basically promising absolutely anything and everything and he still lost because he had no answer to the one thing that people were bothered about.

People are now bothered about other things but I still don't think that Corbyns plans are the solution. His solution barely matched a pre-COVID world let alone the post-COVID one where we're now massively burdened economically. This isn't 2019, COVID cost us around £400bn so imagine what that could of been spent on had COVID not happened however it did happen and so it is now our burden.

This is not the time for revolution. Instead we need a calm, competent and measured government which is preferably as uncontroversial as possible. We need somebody to start getting stuff done instead of fighting pointless political battles which just argue about it.

Getting stuff done in Westminster is very controversial, doing nothing is a speciality:-)

Anyhow it seems its never the right time for change. In fact spending money only seems possible when rich or well to do people are dying.

Roll on the ever so slightly better next uk govt. Hard not to get really excited we may even get more than just over half the electorate to vote.

MV5BMTczNjgxNTAyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ0MjAyMQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.