The List of Sensible Rejections

How many players turned them down though?

I'd guess not many. I'd say they didnt have the cash and were hoping that after they made their targets public that the players would force moves and they get them on the cheap. Fergie was a master at it. It work for Fellani to an extent in that he probably forwent a few million by putting a transfer request in. That in itself probably saved Everton £3 or £4m I'd guess.

johnmc said:
How many players turned them down though?

I'd guess not many. I'd say they didnt have the cash and were hoping that after they made their targets public that the players would force moves and they get them on the cheap. Fergie was a master at it. It work for Fellani to an extent in that he probably forwent a few million by putting a transfer request in. That in itself probably saved Everton £3 or £4m I'd guess.

His release clause was £22 or £23.5 million, it expired on 31st July or 14th August depending on which source you believe. He could probably have gone to Arsenal or Chelsea for the release clause fee before it expired, but they managed to screw £4 million more out of the rags ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.