The Media Against Pep?

And everything from Wikileaks is presented as is, with no spin or opinion. And Wikileaks have a 100% accuracy record in terms of what they have released, never has a single line of a single document ever proven to be false.

But if you want to make a snide dig you might want to do it in Off Topic, you dick.
I really wasn't trying to get a snide dig in, just saying, albeit possibly a bit clumsily, that you either believe in a free press or you don't. It cannot be a selective point of view. But, as often seems to be the case, you take offence at the drop of a hat and the insults fly from your keyboard quicker than a politician says what they think people want to hear.

They don't like it because he basically has called into question English football and the style of play. They don't like it cause it's us. They don't like it because Pep might change us forever. The line that made me think Pep has really bought into us was in the post match conference. He said referring to referee decisions it's always city. He gets it and the agenda. Not sure if he knew what he was doing but he has got the fans and players right behind him now. I expect a siege mentality to develop as it did with Bob when they went for him. He always referred to this job as three years or MORE. Personally think nothing would give him greater satisfaction of ramming his trophies down their throats.

Not sure if the media is against Pep, but they surely try very hard to let him admit the PL is different and therefore he needs to adapt his way of playing the game.

This and the obvious agenda against City.

Not sure if the media is against Pep, but they surely try very hard to let him admit the PL is different and therefore he needs to adapt his way of playing the game.

This and the obvious agenda against City.

To be honest that was the biggest surprise of the press conference yesterday, no one asked him if the premier league was special or how much harder Burnley must be to face than Atletico Madrid.

My understanding is he gave one to the Nbc. Not seen it though, I think its on in a few days time. The reports suggest he said his goodbyes have started. Not sure how true though

I read about that in Mundo Deportivo but he also mentioned something about reaching the final stage of his career, staying here for at least three years or more, and then enjoying his retirement in a golf course. It is nothing out of ordinary. The Sun, as usual, just takes the most shocking sentence out of context and makes it the headline. When asked about it after the match yesterday, he said City would be one of the last teams he managed because that's how he would like it to be. So nothing outrageous about it.

Listened to a bit of talkshite before whilst driving and they had some cockney journalist in talking about Pep. Couldn't believe the shit he was coming out with

Can't believe they're making so much out of this innocent comment he's made about not being a manager when he's 65, didn't everybody know that anyway

Few of the gems he came out with

"Pep treats journalists appallingly. Ferguson used to as well but at least did it properly

The owners will be furious with Pep for these comments

He's not the great manager everybody thought he was

We might have only had 10 men but it was only Burnley

Pep might walk"

TALKSPORT

Turn the fucking thing off right fucking now.

Hope it's okay to open another thread on the media, just didn't know where to put this beauty of a back page.

They don't have a problem with City and Pep...honest:

We won 2-1 by the way.

This is a typical headline that panders to the ill informed UNITEED blue collar worker, who thinks Dacia Sendaro is their full back and Mkhitaryan is brand of Power tool!! The Sun uses half truths, lies and distorted facts to sell their crappy paper. The thing is this tabloid and in fact all newspapers are slowly becoming dinosaurs as sales slowly decline with the rise of on-line reporting.

Agreed. Much as we deride the gpc's boycott of the BBC he had (has) them eating out of his hand by playing hard ball.

It's easy to play hardball when you hold all the aces though. The rags, with their legion of braindead armchair followers, are the biggest money spinner for the media and the FA by a country mile and as such the papers would only ever push it so far in their criticism of anything swamp related. If Taggart had been managing City or Everton or Southampton and behaved as he did, they'd have destroyed him

Mourinho allowed his behaviour to get in a suicidal spiral last year with Chelsea. The media and referee's both fed on it. He lost control big time.

Our Pep is a totally different character but the frustration of perceived "unfair treatment" is clearly getting to him.

Pep and the club perhaps need to take a leaf from Ferguson's book and adopt a seige mentality? "It's us against the world".
I agree and believe it's what Bobby initially did during his time here. Get that spirit back and maintain it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.