The Middle Thread

JWP1926

Team supported
Manchester City
Welcome to the middle thread, this is a thread for all the fans who didn't think the loss against wolves was the end of the world.

The thread for people however who still felt hurt by the lose

The thread for people who don't over-react to the press and simply ignore them

The thread for supporters who think mancini is staying but was disappointed with some tactical decisions at wolves or in other games

The thread is for people who understand Balotelli has been out injured and is not 100% despite still looking like a potential class player

The thread for fans who may dislike a player but still supports the player because they understand that no player wants to play poorly

The thread for people who want success as fast as possible yet understand that rome wasn't built in a day

P.S sensible decision only...

Sloppyjoshua said:
Welcome to the middle thread, this is a thread for all the fans who didn't think the loss against wolves was the end of the world.

The thread for supporters who think mancini is staying but was disappointed with some tactical decisions at wolves or in other games

The thread is for people who understand Balotelli has been out injured and is not 100% despite still looking like a potential class player

The thread for fans who may dislike a player but still supports the player because they understand that no player wants to play poorly

The thread for people who want success as fast as possible yet understand that rome wasn't built in a day

Please can I join? The only part I don't agree with is 'Rome wasn't built in a day'...;- )

...actually I don't ignore the press either, but then again, I don't think the sky is falling either. We just need to get our shit together a little more behind the scenes so the 'leaks' are plugged and we can focus on improving on the field...

Although I do confess to the odd overreaction right after a bad result...

Shit. I'm conflicted.

On the bright side, being a City fan has always been a bit of a double edged sword...;- )

BillyShears said:
Sloppyjoshua said:

Please can I join? The only part I don't agree with is 'Rome wasn't built in a day'...;- )

...actually I don't ignore the press either, but then again, I don't think the sky is falling either. We just need to get our shit together a little more behind the scenes so the 'leaks' are plugged and we can focus on improving on the field...

Although I do confess to the odd overreaction right after a bad result...

Shit. I'm conflicted.

On the bright side, being a City fan has always been a bit of a double edged sword...;- )

Haha, everybody is welcome, we all over-react at times, I just realise now that because these forums are watched by press and club officals that my knee-jerk reaction should probably be left out of the forum it only causes arguements and unrest between Manchester city fans who need to stay together when it feels the world is against us.

Im in the "Ive never been kneejerk but I want a change of manager as I hate the way Mancini has us playing' camp

Is this the place for me or is there another, more appropriate thread ?

Your welcome mate aslong as your opinion is sensible not an over-reaction and want to discuss things in a rational manner then your welcome mate.

How come you don't like Mancini then?

Seems like a nice place, this. Hope it stays that way. The forum needs it.

When the team loses or when the press 'finds' some new controversy about the club, many of us just add fuel to the fire. We turn against each other and against our own players; we say things we regret the day after because we lost our judgement in the heat of the moment. Maybe that's just part of being a passionate supporter but patience is the key. I agree that being a City fan is a double-edged sword, but you could say that for every club. The pain multiplies the more you love the club and the higher your demands get. Some fans have been through a lot over the years, if not decades, and due to what's been happening lately, with all the money, it's easy to forget what's important.

It's true that Rome wasn't built in a day and for us, perhaps it won't be built at all. I don't know because I can't see the future. But this isn't Rome - it's City - and even if it's penniless, it's still Blue, isn't it? Of course we want the club to win matches and trophies, but do we really want to do it like this? It's true that the footballing world is against us and I agree that we have to stand together, otherwise we WILL lose. We have to keep our faith in the club, the manager and the squad, even when things are looking grim. Discussion between fans concerning a result or a player's performance is never wrong, but it doesn't help anyone when we exaggerate. Just because the club's rich and has bought a lot of expensive players doesn't mean we've earnt anything. We can lose and we can win, as always. That's football.

I think many of us expected it all to go a lot more smoothly, that Robinho was going to become a legend and whatnot, but things rarely go as you envision them. However, as far as I'm concerned we've made steady progress and are becoming stronger and wiser.

sounds good fellas, I have nothing but faith in Mancini and see two wins in our immediate future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.