The New York Times says - Journo's please take note?

Re: The New York Times says

somervillain said:
bellbuzzer said:
annoying that an american newspaper can be so accurate and devoid of spin,whilst our own are just the opposite. excellent journalism

I wish you could see the faces of American fans when we read what passes for sports journalism in the UK. Our journos may miss some of the nuances of the game still, but at least our sports media are professionals with a modicum of ethics. I can safely I've never read "it is understood" on a sports page in the States.

I am an American I also dont get how the English press gets away with printing made up stories. Here in the states if a paper did that, he the editor would be fired or the writer would be thrown under the bus.

And if the club says something here in the states its print as fact. Unlike in England they write that they must be lying if they dont agree with the the statement.

Frank the Yank said:
You are kidding, right?? The NY Times have "made up/embellished" stories.

No, Jayson Blair made up stories while writing for The New York Times. When this was discovered, he was publicly shamed and he was unceremoniously fired.

As an occasional reader of American newspapers, it would seem that most journalist's value the traditions and ethos of reporting stories. Whereas a lot of UK based reporters sold their souls in order to be sensationalistic. Not much chance of Pulitzer's being awarded here.

I liked

How can he persuade new stars to join a club living on reputation

Because as all Dippers and Rags know reputation & history are everything. Thankfully they'll soon just be history and we'll be making history!

I was shocked when I first started looking for more details on city in the English press by the blatant lies that exist in the papers... I was even more shocked that they were never corrected and seemed to be encouraged. The sensationalism is almost sad

somervillain said:
Frank the Yank said:
You are kidding, right?? The NY Times have "made up/embellished" stories.

No, Jayson Blair made up stories while writing for The New York Times. When this was discovered, he was publicly shamed and he was unceremoniously fired.

They only make up stories in favor of their "political" bias. The sports journos don't make up stories. It's ok in politics, but you can't get away with making up sports stories in the US!

okstate99 said:
somervillain said:
I wish you could see the faces of American fans when we read what passes for sports journalism in the UK. Our journos may miss some of the nuances of the game still, but at least our sports media are professionals with a modicum of ethics. I can safely I've never read "it is understood" on a sports page in the States.

I am an American I also dont get how the English press gets away with printing made up stories. Here in the states if a paper did that, he the editor would be fired or the writer would be thrown under the bus.

And if the club says something here in the states its print as fact. Unlike in England they write that they must be lying if they dont agree with the the statement.

Agreed.

Oh, wait:

[bigimg]http://indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Glenn-Beck.jpg[/bigimg]

Damocles said:
okstate99 said:

Agreed.

Oh, wait:

[bigimg]http://indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Glenn-Beck.jpg[/bigimg]

There's a huge difference between cable TV news channels and the newspapers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.