The Next Financial Crash?

malg

Just read an article where they reckon the next financial crash will be due to cheap car leasing deals. Some think there are parallels with the sub-prime mortgage scandal.

Last year 2.7m new cars were sold on Britain - that's 5 years growth in a row, and yet we're on our arse! The vast majority of new cars sold were financed by personal contract plans. Some of the leasing loans have been packaged into asset-backed securities and sold to investors such as pension funds (sub-prime anyone?). Rather unsurprisingly they have been rated Triple A safety rating by Standard & Poor's and Moody's (sub-prime anyone?). At present in the US (and this isn't Trump's fault) the total stock of outstanding car loans is $1.1trn.

Do they never fucking learn. I'm sure the loans have been packaged up and sold onto investors at great personal gain by every greedy financial **** involved.

I agree, my bank balance is fine but a car acquired properly would smash my finances a bit, not terribly but it would inhibit me from say jetting off to somewhere for 2 weeks on a whim which i do, or used to, a lot. Right now i have tech stuff that is far more important to me than messing about with new dodgy finance schemes, if i need a car bad, i'll hire one, beyond that fuck it, i have servers to buy, fuck cars.

Interesting fing Malg.

The fact that most of what most of us 'own' is financed to fucking death tells us everything we need to know about the state of things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.